Flat EQ response on Fender Blues Junior...

conanb

Is it all EQ's set to 6-7 on the dial? The manual suggests you can boost and cut which would suggest 0 on the dial is a cut. So middle of the dial would be flat. More confusingly the dial goes from 1-12 but the middle of the settings (12'o clock on a clock) is actually closer to 7 on the dial. Confusing because halfway between 1 and 12 should be 6 :confused:

ZepFuzz05

Based on the Duncan Tonestack Calculator, achieving a flat EQ response (at least at the preamp level) involves turning the treble off, bass at roughly 1 or 2, and the midrange all of the way up. However, it may not then sound terribly flat based on the impact of your input signal as well as the frequency response of your speaker, but it should be relatively neutral/balanced at that stage.

conanb

Based on the Duncan Tonestack Calculator, achieving a flat EQ response (at least at the preamp level) involves turning the treble off, bass at roughly 1 or 2, and the midrange all of the way up. However, it may not then sound terribly flat based on the impact of your input signal as well as the frequency response of your speaker, but it should be relatively neutral/balanced at that stage.
Wow. I would never have guessed that. Thanks. I'll give it a lash and see.

conanb

One issue with those settings is that 1 is completely off. So, if you want to turn the treble all the way off you set it at 1 (it won't go down any further) and so the bass would have to be set at 2 maybe?

conanb

Did it. Sounds fantastic. Very surprising to me that it works. Thanks again for your help.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom