Flavor of The Week Speaker Combination.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by joek86, Feb 5, 2012.

1. joek86

joek86 Supporting Member

This week G12H30 with a Blue... It's magic with my Fargen Olde 800 MKII! Nice crunch and dynamics with beautiful mids. Also allows for a thinner tone when necessary..... makes for a very versatile rig....

I don't read much about the use of these two speakers, but my 65AMPS 2/12 cab came loaded this way....

~Joe

2. vibrostrat43

vibrostrat43 Supporting Member

I'm running virtually the same thing in 10" form in Vibrolux Reverb.

Celestion Gold 10 w/ Weber 10" Legacy

Sounds incredible!

3. cratz2

cratz2 Member

Right on. I have a G12H30 and a Weber Blue Dog in my non-Fendery 2x12, but it's been like that for ~3 years, not one week.

:p

In 2008, while on vacation, I played a Dr Z Rx Jr through a Dr Z cab with the G12H30/Celestion Blue combo. I absolutely LOVED how it sounded, but the owner thought it sounded too thin at less than gig levels and actually practiced and rehearsed through a Mesa Thiele cab with a 12L. He said the H30/Blue rig was totally uninspiring at less than gig levels.

4. joek86

joek86 Supporting Member

I've actually had the cab since summer of last year. I never really used it with the Fargen, I was using M speakers. I play at decent levels every day, so I haven't tried it at low vols.

~Joe

5. LPMojoGL

LPMojoGL Music Room Superstar Supporting Member

I believe that is a combo used in the Retro-King combos.
    Sounded good to me when I had one cranked.

6. murky69nz

murky69nz Member

That's the next on my list to try - G12H30 is the only "popular" Celestion I haven't really tried.....

Just trying to decide whether to go with the standard or heritage75.....

7. vibrostrat43

vibrostrat43 Supporting Member

That seems odd to me, I love the sound of my bedroom cleans from my combination. He's entitled to his opinion, and obviously he's using a completely different amp which would mean that his sound would be much different than mine. My Vibrolux obviously sounds better at higher volumes, but I mean doesn't everything :) I just feel that maybe he's expecting too much from any amp at lower volumes, but he's obviously found a cure, so more power to him.