1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Flavor of The Week Speaker Combination.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by joek86, Feb 5, 2012.

1. joek86

joek86 Supporting Member

This week G12H30 with a Blue... It's magic with my Fargen Olde 800 MKII! Nice crunch and dynamics with beautiful mids. Also allows for a thinner tone when necessary..... makes for a very versatile rig....

I don't read much about the use of these two speakers, but my 65AMPS 2/12 cab came loaded this way....

~Joe

2. vibrostrat43

vibrostrat43 Supporting Member

I'm running virtually the same thing in 10" form in Vibrolux Reverb.

Celestion Gold 10 w/ Weber 10" Legacy

Sounds incredible!

3. cratz2

cratz2 Member

Right on. I have a G12H30 and a Weber Blue Dog in my non-Fendery 2x12, but it's been like that for ~3 years, not one week.

:p

In 2008, while on vacation, I played a Dr Z Rx Jr through a Dr Z cab with the G12H30/Celestion Blue combo. I absolutely LOVED how it sounded, but the owner thought it sounded too thin at less than gig levels and actually practiced and rehearsed through a Mesa Thiele cab with a 12L. He said the H30/Blue rig was totally uninspiring at less than gig levels.

4. joek86

joek86 Supporting Member

I've actually had the cab since summer of last year. I never really used it with the Fargen, I was using M speakers. I play at decent levels every day, so I haven't tried it at low vols.

~Joe

5. LPMojoGL

LPMojoGL Music Room Superstar Supporting Member

I believe that is a combo used in the Retro-King combos.
    Sounded good to me when I had one cranked.

6. murky69nz

murky69nz Member

That's the next on my list to try - G12H30 is the only "popular" Celestion I haven't really tried.....

Just trying to decide whether to go with the standard or heritage75.....

7. vibrostrat43

vibrostrat43 Supporting Member

That seems odd to me, I love the sound of my bedroom cleans from my combination. He's entitled to his opinion, and obviously he's using a completely different amp which would mean that his sound would be much different than mine. My Vibrolux obviously sounds better at higher volumes, but I mean doesn't everything :) I just feel that maybe he's expecting too much from any amp at lower volumes, but he's obviously found a cure, so more power to him.