Floyd Rose Genuine??

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Jiffy_Jeff, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Jiffy_Jeff

Jiffy_Jeff Playin Tunes and Having Fun! Silver Supporting Member

This pic is kind of fuzzy. I have a friend looking for a guitar and he sent me this pic. He is asking if this Floyd Rose is genuine. Neither of us know Floyd Rose stuff.
    It looks like it says Floyd Rose on the side. But do even the licensed stuff have that?

The guitar is a Schecter C1-FR Diamond Series. The guy selling it wants $190 for it. It has some dings by the input jack.

Genuine?

Thanks to you FR experts.
    [​IMG]

2. s2y

s2y Member

For $190, who cares? Pickups are probably "worth" about that alone.

3. andyk

andyk Supporting Member

Agree! Buy it!!

Licensed Floyd, I believe. They sold for $850 at Musician's Friend before they were discontinued.

The Schecter C-1 Custom FR Electric Guitar is armed with a 24-3/4"-scale 3-piece maple neck coupled with a mahogany body and a beautiful arched quilted maple top for a classic powerful tone combination.

The C-1 FR Custom guitar's smooth ebony fingerboard is fitted with 24 medium frets for superior playability. A Schecter Ultra Access neck joint gives you the freedom to comfortably play the C-1 in the highest registers.

Schecter guitar's Seymour Duncan Custom Custom humbucker pickup next to the bridge has plenty of attack and sustain, while a Seymour Duncan '59 pickup at the neck gives you warm vintage tones.

Schecter includes a push/pull tone control that splits the pickups' coils, doubling the tonal possibilities of this beautiful guitar. The C-1 Custom FR sports a Floyd Rose-licensed locking tremolo system for rock-solid tuning stability even under brutal whammy-bar dive bombing!

4. Jiffy_Jeff

Well this will be my friends first guitar so for $190 he could flip it if he didn't like it an maybe make 50 bucks... or so.

5. RCM78

RCM78 Member

6. Jiffy_Jeff

Alrighty. I went with my friend to meet the seller. It was in decent shape. Next to the input jack there is what looks like a shark bite. Not sure what happened... And the gloss black top needs to be buffed out as it has pick scuffs.

The serial number is printed in between the tuners length ways from top of the headstock towards the bottom (on back). Not towards the bottom of the headstock (and across) like the Korean or Indonesian models I have seen. It does not say where it was made.

It has a set neck.

My buddy bought it for $150.00. I took it and did a 10 minute set up on it cause the action was high. It plays and sounds good.

He is just starting out and will be using this for lessons and that Rocksmith game.

I think he did good.

7. RedTiger

RedTiger Member

That's mighty fine for a beginner's axe. Nice find!