Floyd Rose non fine tuner tremolo

tremonti

When the heck are these gonna be available???? Scoured the net and zilch to be found.....

Twinattack

They just posted something about these on FB. Apparently they're just waiting on a design change to the packaging and then they'll start shipping.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
I still have my original ones on a Schecter body that I built up in 1981. I did place Sperzel Trim Lock tuners on the guitar, makes it more stable. Never had the need for the fine tuners on it, it works well without it in staying in tune.

RCM78

Why not just use a Wilkinson tremolo? Or any two point tremolo?
Sure, The Wilky is great. I have one on a Warmoth I built and it's great. The only advantage I see using the Floyd is locking the strings to the bridge. It eliminates the strings from moving and not returning to pitch. That can happen with any other string through type tremolo.

Trogdor

A buddy of mine has had the same problem in getting these trems. He is building a run of replica's of Lifeson's Hentor Sportscaster which the early version had that trem. lots of people are waiting for their guitars because of the delay in these trems. He is pissed you could say and I guess they don't make too many of them per run.

shawnshack

Sure, The Wilky is great. I have one on a Warmoth I built and it's great. The only advantage I see using the Floyd is locking the strings to the bridge. It eliminates the strings from moving and not returning to pitch. That can happen with any other string through type tremolo.
I thought of that after I typed it. I love my guitar with a Floyd. I enjoy the benefits double locking. But I don't mind the fine tuners.

stratoskier

They just posted something about these on FB. Apparently they're just waiting on a design change to the packaging and then they'll start shipping.
That FB post refers to the FRX system which is a surface-mount Tune-O-Matic/stopbar replacement -- not what is being discussed here.

Awhile back I exchanged emails with FR support about the non-fine tuner model. They said they planned to re-release it in late summer, but later changed that to sometime this fall after they got the FRX out the door.

Matt L

I have six of the originals. My absolute favorite trem. With a nice nut and locking tuners, they are bulletproof and sound great.

spentron

I'd rather have a non-tremolo Floyd with locking nut and fine tuners. The locking nut is the best part about it. (I have a Floyd with blocked "up", which is also good.)

Matt L

Ridiculous that they are never in stock???? Why even have product listed?????
They're not making them anymore. They did for a little bit, but then stopped again.

I have two nice vintage ones for sale in the Emporium, though....

tremonti

They're not making them anymore. They did for a little bit, but then stopped again.

I have two nice vintage ones for sale in the Emporium, though....

Then they should remove them from the dang website. Also....Guthrie Govan's Charvel has them and that is a new production???? Confused......

Trending Topics