Fly rig 5 direct issues

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by BMaag, Feb 19, 2015.

1. BMaag

BMaag Member

I recently purchased a fly rig 5 from tech 21 and it sounds great plugged into the effects loop in on my amp, however when I try to run it direct to mixer there is very little signal even with the level on the fly rig at max. I have tried two different pa systems and had the same issue with both. Is anyone else having this issue or am I missing something? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

2. tech21nyc

tech21nyc Member

What mixer are you using it with and how is the mixer configured? Are you using a mic channel, line channel?

3. hdahs143

hdahs143 Supporting Member

Any resolution to this?

4. rewihendrix

rewihendrix Member

Does the mixer channel have a gain knob?

5. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

Yeah man, I too would suspect the mixer. I am currently using a Tech21 Liverpool and I have it at about 10 o'clock and I get "turn it down!" complaints from my pastor all of the time. I would think the FR5 has as much volume on tap.

6. Dumdeediddle

Dumdeediddle Supporting Member

Have been VERY happy with my Fly Rig I bought maybe 6 months go. VERY Happy. This weekend I started recording Guitar tracks for the 1st time in a few Years. I have a Lot of Material waiting for Guitar.
    Plugged it straight into a Desktop Konnekt 6 & into Pro Tools 9 & 11. (Guitar In) 1st results are SO good. Very satisfied with what I will get from this In the Recording Realm.
    The only Plugs I was running on those tracks was a Limiter and a Enhancer/Exciter.