• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Fly Rig 5 Users: Dotted-eighth setting(s)?

crambone

I am trying to dial-in my FR5 for a good dotted 8th setting but cannot seem to get a good one. The manual has an "Edge" setting but it doesn't really come close.

I am looking for something like U2's "Where The Streets Have No Name" or Walk The Moon's "Shut Up And Dance".

Mysterytrain

Set the delay mix so that the first repeat is the same volume as the dry signal (the mix will need to be way up, in some cases all the way). Set repeats so that you can hear about 4 distinct repeats. At this point you're going to have to manually tap in the dotted-eighth rhythm based on what tempo you're playing the song in. I'm sure there are some youtube demos that audibly demonstrate this better than I can write it. It's tricky at first, and will probably take quite a bit of practice before you can start doing it quickly and easily; but you'll get the hang of it. FYI, I find that two taps is the key to nailing the tempo most of the time...for me. The more tapping I do after that, the more likely I'll need to try again to really lock in.

Trending Topics