Flying with Pedaltrain 2

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Rev2S, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Rev2S

Rev2S Member

Take a left on Hudgens Rd, then a right on....
    Hi all. Anyone here fly with the Pedaltrain 2 pedalboard? Does it fit in the overhead bin? I have to fly to a gig in another month and not sure if I need to buy a Pedaltrain Jr to put my go-to pedals in or take the PT2. I don't know if I want to check the PT2.

Thanks!

2. kldonegan

kldonegan Member

I check one all the time. Pretty sure the hard case wouldn't fit in the overhead. Softie would, and I've done a few gigs where i just put some stompers in the gig bag pouch and got them on the plane just fine.

I'd recommend checking in the hard case.

3. Rev2S

Rev2S Member

Take a left on Hudgens Rd, then a right on....
    So when you check the pedalboard, has it even been trashed or anything ripped off? I don't know if I want $1000 worth of pedals messed with. I usually put a few pedals in my suitcase and make do with that.

4. CWFurst

CWFurst Member

I check mine and it works just fine. I haven't had any pedals come off. Every now and then some of the patch cables are unplugged by TSA. I've also used the PT Jr with the bag and I just carry that on with me.

5. kldonegan

kldonegan Member

I watched it sit in the rain on the runway one time. I pulled it off of the baggage claim with the butterfly latches not fully closed. The pedals, in all cases have been just fine. I'm thankful when the case takes a hit... that's what it's there for.

Here's the worst of the beatings after almost two years of regular flights...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. GuitarDude

GuitarDude Member

see if you can fit it in your checked bag. just pack light. thats what i do. just so the pedalboard has a little more cushion.

7. theonlychrisj

theonlychrisj Member

Reviving an old thread

I'm flying from Pensacola to Lima,Peru in August for a gig, and wanted to know: do you guys ever put locks on your pedaltrain cases? Or is that a bad idea? Do you leave them unlocked?

I'm also flying with an amp, so any info on that would be super helpful as well!

8. bobwl

bobwl Member

You have to make sure you get a TSA lock otherwise they will just chop it off.

9. theonlychrisj

theonlychrisj Member

But if I get the approved locks, they'll re-lock it after inspection??

10. bobwl

bobwl Member

You hope. They are supposed to relock them.