FM3 Cygnus Beta now out

RevDrucifer

Gold Supporting Member
i agree....maybe i am having a crap day....will listen again next week.

There's over 200 amps and over 1000 IR's in the thing, stock, the multitude of combinations that are possible with it, with the addition of the tweakability, everything is in it to provide you with the tones you want. The only deciding factor is whether or not you want to invest the time in creating those tones.

timbuck2

There's over 200 amps and over 1000 IR's in the thing, stock, the multitude of combinations that are possible with it, with the addition of the tweakability, everything is in it to provide you with the tones you want. The only deciding factor is whether or not you want to invest the time in creating those tones.
Yes i agree....Fractal is very amazing in terms of its content and flexibility. I think i am having a midweek slump.sorry.

Last edited:

RevDrucifer

Gold Supporting Member
Yes i agree....Fractal is very amazing in terms of its content and flexibility. I think i h=ma having a midweek slump.sorry.

No need to apologize to me, good sir! I've shut my studio down and plopped down on the couch multiple nights due to an ear slump.

texhex

Silver Supporting Member
My existing 3.02 patches sound too good right now and I'm literally just to lazy to load this while it's still in beta (even if it mostly works) and re-tweak whatever I don't like. Once it's out of beta I may give it a go.

Keep up the good work beta testers.

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
My existing 3.02 patches sound too good right now and I'm literally just to lazy to load this while it's still in beta (even if it mostly works) and re-tweak whatever I don't like. Once it's out of beta I may give it a go.

I loaded the Cygnus beta and I think I have scribble strips that "go missing" every once in a while. I'll keep an eye on it but wait for the full release version. It sounds and feels good, but I have to say my board with direct solution sounds pretty freaking killer as well. The only common thread is my Alturd TS110a. I have enough cash to distance myself from the Alturd, but honestly I have no idea which direction to go LOL... a first!
Here is the current board:

8sTJbeu.jpg

bobvila

Don't know if this will work, but here's a quick and dirty take on the Matchless model. For both riffs the first clip is the Helix and the second clip is Cygnus. Same IR used for both (York Audio MTCH BLND Mix 2).

You can hear it a lot in the second riff. The Cygnus model has this really congested focus in the lower mids. Personally, I really hate that sound. But honestly it's a thing where I could see some people saying they like that sound better. Just personal preference

Just dropped! Post in thread 'Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.02 Public Beta' https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...version-16-02-public-beta.173334/post-2097804

gtr37

Just dropped! Post in thread 'Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.02 Public Beta' https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...version-16-02-public-beta.173334/post-2097804

we will have to see when it gets to FM3 but from the description in the release notes and Cliff saying it is most noticeable on the ClassA amps like Morgan Matchless etc , hope fully this will get some the Vox chime guys happy again

for me I have not made it past the SLO and the Archon , both models are awesome paired with York audio Irs

metropolis_4

Gold Supporting Member

hendrik7

Hey guys do you know how big the box is that the FM3 is shipped in? And how heavy?

(not talking the shipping crate actually but just the product box)

Last edited:

BWebb

Not gonna lie, I feel a little proud of that one :D

Also how awesome is it that they’re listening to what their users are saying and responding so quickly with these updates

Way to stand your ground. Especially since Cliff was arguing with you that the Class A amps were the least affected by the Cygnus update. Now apparently this update addresses your concerns.

LaXu

Also how awesome is it that they’re listening to what their users are saying and responding so quickly with these updates

I'm honestly more pleased that they added the separate poweramp modeling on/off switch to the amp block. Fractal has always been quick to react to any "something's off about the tone" issues but the UI requests tend to go unattended for ages.

Interested to try this when they release another beta for FM3 because to me the AC30 TB at least sounded fine.

EDIT: Quoted the wrong person

Last edited:

gtr37

good work
But honestly, that is the sign of a good company, when you do a focus group of 100 people and 95% off the group love it , the Great company wants to know why the 5% are disappointed
And if there is a solution

luckymethod

not that there's anything wrong with waiting, but you can install it, check it out, then restore a backup. It takes mere minutes to do.

Top Bottom