FM3 Half step (pitch shift)

suparsonic

Hi all, I tried using the Pitch block to shift a half step down on my FM3, In the hope it could work in a live gig, it didn’t sound very good.
Is there a trick to this? Is there a best block order, special settings etc?
TIA.

RLD

Silver Supporting Member
I don't have my pitch block first in chain, but I do have it before the amp block.
I use it live and it's definitely acceptable...not as good as an actual detuned git, but close enough.

Pat6969

I gave up on it when I had my FM3. Just couldn't get it to sound realistic. Apparantly others have made it work so keep trying, maybe there's a sweet spot somewhere.

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
Later versions have great virtual capo, better than the Digitech Drop BY FAR and of course also work very well live, CAPO UP a 1/2 step as well. I think the block should be in front of everything except noisegate.

Ugly Bunny

@Ugly Bunny will tell you all about it.
Thanks, JT; I'll take if from here. *cheering and applause*

*walks to podium, cracks knuckles*

Yeah, it's gotta be first in the chain, Input as source, and adjust the speed/quality knob to taste. NOTE: It doesn't sound good on cleans. It just doesn't. Don't even bother trying it unless you only need it for a small/short part that will be covered by the rest of the band. The only song I use it on cleans for is Weezer's Undone - The Sweater Song and just for the intro. Once the distortion kicks in, it sounds great and has the low latency I've come to expect and appreciate for the last few FW updates :)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom