FM3 waitlist

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by KSL, Mar 19, 2020.

1. marshall2553

marshall2553 Supporting Member

I’ve been a FAS customer for around 10 years, I love their products and I’ve owned pretty much all of them since the Ultra. I’m basically a fanboy.

But I was also one of the ones “whining“ on the Fractal forum. I’ve had to send mine back twice now due to a defective display. A few others have had the post in the middle of the USB port break off. Others “whining” about the current beta probably installed it due to the USB connectivity issues in the current stable release. Some of the “whiners” have legitimate issues. Others, like those complaining about minor bugs and running out of CPU on the beta, not so much.

The FM3 is amazing and my favorite Fractal product so far, but this rollout has been bumpy to put it mildly and some of the criticism is warranted.

nla, TheTrueZoltan! and JiveTurkey like this.
  2. Tricerapotamus

Tricerapotamus Member

if you want a separate button to turn on/off every effect then you’ll want at least a fc6 to go with it... if you Learn how to use “scenes” to control multiple effects at once, then the FM3 will work.

3. Dan Desy

Dan Desy Member

you obviously misunderstand what I mean by “whiners“. but I’m sorry to hear about the issues you had to deal with.

4. Sonnyducks

Sonnyducks Member

LT has more horsepower than FM3 if you need/want lots of effects in your chain.

5. mikah912

mikah912 Supporting Member

It doesn't, actually. They're roughly equivalent in "horsepower", but the Helix architecture allows you to have more blocks of the same type across its four paths in each preset. The FM3 blocks, however, allow you to have more instances per block because of the Channels feature.

6. veus55

veus55 Gold Supporting Member

I have extensive experience with FAS and Line 6
    I started with the original Axe Fx and the same with Line 6 started with the tone port.

I would say that for a hobbyist, go with Line 6. I think that in terms of tone, there is very little difference (Although IMO FAS is better) at this time and FAS is more for those who like to tweak.
    I think that the user interface of Line 6 is more user friendly for the hobbyist.
    FAS allows for much deeper tweaking
    My 2 cents

Liolio likes this.
  7. Sonnyducks

Sonnyducks Member

One has a waitlist, the other doesn't. :D

Fireproof, Liolio and Hackdog69 like this.
  8. Hackdog69

Hackdog69 Silver Supporting Member

any recent invites? I have been checking over at the Fractal forum, no updates since last week... I am mid-morning 4/24... I am definitely ready! :)

X-Mann likes this.
  9. AICSRV

AICSRV Member

Just placed my order for the headphone version. I was on the list on the 24th at 7:56am PST.

I'm very interested to see how this stacks up to my HX Stomp board that I'm really enjoying.

Hackdog69 likes this.
  10. Hackdog69

I am 11:16 EST on the 24th, literally 20 minutes behind you!!!! hope the invite comes soon... thank you for posting

AICSRV likes this.
  11. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Silver Supporting Member

It's likely to come today.

Congrats! :aok

X-Mann likes this.
  12. GravityWell

GravityWell Member

Despite deciding not to buy the FM3, my invite came yesterday and I bought it. It should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing what the Fractal thing is all about.

13. Dan Desy

Dan Desy Member

Decisions, decisions...

GravityWell likes this.
  14. Hackdog69

Invite received today at 1pm, ordered

15. PaisleyWookie

PaisleyWookie Member

I came from the same direction. It’ll stack up well.

AICSRV likes this.
  16. MikeRI

MikeRI Member

I'm curious to get your read on FM3 versus the Stomp. I'm sure it's going to be much nicer, but a question I have is it '$400 more' nicer? It looks like the Stomp is running at $600 now (at Sweetwater) versus the FM3's price of $995. Also, congrats on getting your waitlist invite; I got on the list 24 hours after you did, so I'm thinking my invite is still a few weeks away.

17. guitarlix

guitarlix Member

Same question here - is it $550 better TONALLY than a Pod Go (I don't need a ton of features / FX...just a few basic amps and tones and I'm covered)

18. Michael_V

Michael_V Member

I was very early morning 4/24 and my FM3 is out for delivery!

Hackdog69 likes this.
  19. Michael_V

Michael_V Member

This is impossible to quantify. Take steak. Family chain restaurant versus a gourmet steakhouse. Maybe Denny’s against Ruth’s Chris. Is one steak $50 better than the other? That’s up to you. It might be if you just like one and enjoy the hell out of the other. What’s the difference? How do you quantify what that second experience is worth? Up to you and no one else. If I only buy steak once a year for my birthday, I think I’d pay more for the more enjoyable experience. Some people buy gear like they’re going to Denny’s. For others it’s a rare occurrence. Nothing wrong with either approach.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    X-Mann likes this.
  20. slowburn

slowburn Supporting Member

Who the hell goes to Denny’s and orders anything except pancakes?