FM3 waitlist

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by KSL, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Gasp100

Gasp100 Supporting Member

Meanwhile SGear still sounds freaking great, especially with my York Audio IR bundles! Until the FM3 calls my name keeping it all in the box (laptop).

JiveTurkey, Elantric and ejecta like this.
  2. ethomas1013

ethomas1013 Supporting Member

I’m supporting my favorite local restaurant by ordering carry-out from them twice a week through this. With dining rooms shut down all across Ohio there are lots of family restaurants that may not survive this. I'm sure the carry-out business is a small fraction of their usual revenue. So far, FAS is still able to operate and ship units through this so unless things get really bad I think the'll be ok.

Elric, ejecta and Gasp100 like this.
  3. guitarobert

guitarobert Member

I bought a III several weeks back so I’ll pass on the FM3 this time. May get an FM3 later when the HP jack version is available.

If I hadn’t bought the III, then I would buy the FM3 now rather than wait for the HP jack version. I think the wait for the HP jack version will be very long, given what’s happening everywhere in the world. China is getting back on their feet, but the US is a complete wildcard right now both in terms of infection numbers and economy. So I would buy the FM3 now and sell it later to buy the HP jack version whenever it comes out.

fusionmann likes this.
  4. fusionmann

fusionmann Member

I think you are right, guitarobert.....

guitarobert likes this.
  5. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Trumpets and Tants Supporting Member

Got my invite Friday during an already cluster#$%&ed on every level situation.

Spring season was already light but heavy summer gigging also now in jeopardy means I'll take a pass for now. I'm still having fun with the SY anyway so that will have to do for now.

tvegas99, ejecta, mikah912 and 2 others like this.
  6. Bishop5150

Bishop5150 Silver Supporting Member

It was a very tough decision for me to pull the trigger on my invite on Friday.
    I sold my AX8 the week the FM3 was announced and have been saving the money in my savings account since then. Burning a proverbial hole in my pocket.

And then last Tuesday my wife got laid off from her job as well as around 20k+ other Americans. She received a severance package and qualifies for unemployment so we’ll be ok till she gets another job. But that could be difficult once all this is over.

Then I got my FM3 invite Friday. I probably should’ve passed but I pulled the trigger. I’ll be using it for out of town shows and bringing it to rehearsal instead of lugging around my Axe III.
    And if things get tough I could probably sell it.

Hope everyone stays safe. Weird times we live in. We have to come together by staying apart.

7. Elric

Elric Supporting Member

So sorry to hear about your wife’s job... But if it makes you feel better, IMHO, in the grand scheme as long as your situation is not desperate it was probably the right move for you anyway, you had the money held back already, and you will put that unit to good use over the long run... it will pay for itself eventually, even if it doesn’t immediately, and for most that amount amount of money is substantial; but not the difference between surviving and not and it’ll hold a lot of value even in a down turn.

I dunno about you guys but for me guitar is like therapy and I am thankful it is something I can still do in lock down.

Enjoy that thing and get your presets etc all set up. I know you will love it!

8. mikah912

mikah912 Member

@Bishop5150 You should feel no regret or shame. We all have to stay abreast of what we need collectively and personally during this time.

Not to dip too far into the only subject around here more potentially explosive than politics, but my family is choosing to move forward in faith rather than fear. We're moving forward with our last few kitchen renovations, just bought my oldest a new bike (which he learned to ride in maybe 36 hours) and will continue to support what and who we can. Enjoy the hell out your FM3, and I hope others do the same.

I'm going to happily wait for the headphone version, and may even wait for the Quad Cortex to compare before dropping money on either. My Helix LT is still a virtual music store, and it's going to get some fun new additions soon. Personally, I'm digging into my new limited edition Shuriken Variax (I grabbed a black/charcoal burst one with the quilted maple top. It is stupid cool.).

9. Gasp100

If things get tough maybe you could hold onto the FM3, sell the III (with the expectation that you could buy it back in the future once things get closer to normal)?
    Just a thought.

Bishop5150 likes this.
  10. joesatch

joesatch Member

looks like the initial batch of FM3 is almost sold out. Likely we're looking at next fall before the next batch will be shipping. Grats to those that got theirs

Bishop5150 likes this.
  11. RLD

RLD Member

Good idea for a song...thanks! :D

12. joesatch

joesatch Member

That's been done.

Bishop5150 likes this.
  13. RLD

RLD Member

Everything's been done...numerous times.

Bishop5150 likes this.
  14. Watt McCo

Watt McCo Member

What makes it appear that way?

Gasp100 likes this.
  15. Gasp100

Source please?

16. mac jones

mac jones Member

Why do you say these things? Do you have inside info?. Cuz your post prompted me to visit the Fractal forum and I see nothing there to indicate this.

Bishop5150 likes this.
  17. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Trumpets and Tants Supporting Member

18. Guitardave

Guitardave Supporting Member

I just guessed he meant THIS fall. That doesn't sound far fetched given the current state of things.

Of course my perspective is shaped by the reality that I live less than 30 miles from Travis AFB where the initial cruise ship passengers were flow in...daughter goes to school at UC Davis....in other words we are surrounded by it.

And both my wife and I likely already have it since we have been experiencing the typical symptoms since last weekend. Fortunately we are in good health so not much else to do but wait things out and treat the symptoms. Too bad there is no real way to actually know without first going into respiratory distress. :eek:

Bishop5150 and Gasp100 like this.
  19. ZenArcade

ZenArcade Member

The initial batch will be gone ... soon :cool:

Bishop5150 and Watt McCo like this.
  20. Watt McCo

Watt McCo Member

Ah, Dave, best of luck to you and your wife and hope you get through whatever it is relatively quickly and unscathed.

Re:I my post, I was asking about why he thought it looked like the initial batch was "almost" sold out. My guess is the first batch is pretty darn big since they'd cleared out the warehouse awaiting its arrival.