Footprints?

lhallam

Platinum Supporting Member
One of my fave tunes. I spring it on guys at open mics all the time. Too many drummers can't do 6/8.

Nice take Red. Like you use of repetition.

Ed, you never cease to entertain. Love the fire.

scottl

Great track Ant! I'm all over this baby! In the morning....

Ant-killer tone and sweet motific ideas. Smooth and silky the way I love it. Great take.

Ed- Other than the dog party, I think I preferred the mp3 take. Nice ideas and cool tones. Some interesting harmonic things going on there. :dude

Can't wait to jump on this one!

Scott

Normster

Very cool song, Ant. I've been living under a rock for most of my life so I've never heard this one before. (I did my homework though and listened to the Wayne Shorter version. ;) )

I love your tone and playing, but I especially appreciate the education I'm getting on jazz standards. Thanks for sharing!

I'm gonna work on this tomorrow. :D

scottl

Originally posted by Normster
Very cool song, Ant. I've been living under a rock for most of my life so I've never heard this one before. (I did my homework though and listened to the Wayne Shorter version. ;) )

I love your tone and playing, but I especially appreciate the education I'm getting on jazz standards. Thanks for sharing!

I'm gonna work on this tomorrow. :D
One of my fave tunes Norm... Here is my old version off of my site. I have the Aebersold if you want..... http://www.scottlernermusic.com/music/Footprints.mp3

Sjonesmusic

Originally posted by Red Ant
Inspired by the Dominique Di Piazza video posted in the Lounge, i had to hit this one - been about a dozen years since i tried so excuse the mangled head ;)

Pawprints

Backing Track
GREAT take man!

Unbelievably soulful, hip, and with a tone that's not pretentious.

:dude

scottl

Originally posted by Sjonesmusic
Sjones-Footprints 2005

Thanks Anton for the great backing track!

I had fun on my birthday doing this!

Peace,

Scott
Happy Birthday!

Hmmm.... Ever since seeing Scott live you are riding the bar?? LOL

Awesome stuff! A bit microtonal maybe? Was that on purpose or a side effect of the bar? In any event, I may not post now you bastard! J/k... If I can sneak downstairs now, I'll try and give it a go.

:cool:

Sjonesmusic

Originally posted by scottl
Happy Birthday!

Hmmm.... Ever since seeing Scott live you are riding the bar?? LOL

Awesome stuff! A bit microtonal maybe? Was that on purpose or a side effect of the bar? In any event, I may not post now you bastard! J/k... If I can sneak downstairs now, I'll try and give it a go.

:cool:
Yeah, I'm not really doing the "bar" thing all the time, just on this take, and every now and then.....

I was actually going for some microtonal things.....just trying out something different.....

Now, get to tracking YOUR take!

:mad:

scottl

Originally posted by Ed DeGenaro
Not even gonna start trying to figure this one out. I just assume it's some lame passive-aggressive slag.
I think it was a compliment! Here is the definition of machinations (this is the word Scott meant) You have to admit, your piece was quite elaborate and devious! Scotty sure knows his syntax! Now I know not to cut heads with him on teh axe or with the pen!

Syllables: mach-i-na-tion

Part of Speech noun
Pronunciation mae kih ne shEn
mae shih ne shEn
Definition 1. scheming or plotting, esp. for a devious purpose.
Synonyms contriving {contrive (vi)} , intrigue (2) , plotting {plot1 (vi)} , scheming {scheme (vi)}
Similar Words conniving {connive}
Definition 2. (usu. pl.) elaborate or devious schemes.
Synonyms intrigues (1) , schemes (1) , tactics (3) , stratagems (2) , plots {plot1 (2)} , designs (6)
Similar Words ploys , maneuvers , conspiracies {conspiracy} , ruses , wiles , devices

Related Words conspiracy , trap , plot , device , complicity

scottl

Btw, I escaped into the basement for 10 minutes this morning but was not able to get set up before I had to get ready for work. I'll try to do it later.

Scott