• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

For a strat, what is the best 2-point tremolo system?

Babicz best bridge on everything I have and install them on anything I own or work on. My 2 point is wonderful, set to float it works very well. You can knock it out of tune if you are really aggressive but not a easily. Once you setup a Babicz up correctly it is finished and you won't have top do it again. The ToM on my LPC was set up 10 or 12 years ago and it is still perfect.
I used the Babicz for my recent Warmoth project and would do it again! Has a cool look also that fits certain guitars very well.

_pete_

Silver Supporting Member
I can't speak from experience of multiple bridges, so I'm not making a categorical recommendation.

I did however choose this one based on it being Suhr's whammy of choice, as well as because of my positive experiences with their products.

Note that the bent steel saddle, steel block version is difficult to find, but there's a seller on eBay from whom I've purchased two.

... Thom
Mojotone has them for $75
https://www.mojotone.com/guitar-parts/Gotoh-Tremolos/Gotoh-510T-SF1-Tremolo-Bridge-Chrome

I have one and love it. I wouldn't want any other trem on a Strat
(except a Floyd in certain cases)

MRCHILL4

Any more thoughts on the Calaham? What do you pair it up with since they don't provide the 2 point complete system? Fender stock?
I have a Fender American deluxe. I wish Callaham made a bridge for this. He makes everything else except the bridge plate. I sent an email about it last week.

MRCHILL4

Any thoughts on the hipshot contour ? I saw a video where the bushings were too big for the screws. Is that true? Otherwise it looks cool.

DRS

Any thoughts on the hipshot contour ? I saw a video where the bushings were too big for the screws. Is that true? Otherwise it looks cool.
My Hipshot Contour is great. Everything is perfectly machined.

Trending Topics