• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

For Diamond Memory Lane 2 users only

bluesd0g

First of all: love this pedal, I think it's the best delay out there, but...
If you have a Memory Lane 2 (not the first version) please do the following:
hook it up to a tube Amp (like Fender Hot Rod), no need to even plug in a guitar but turn the DML2 on (delay 1 or 2 does not matter) and make sure the modulation is not off. Turn the mix knob or between 0 and 5, (not all the way up), same with mod speed, not all the way up .
Tell me if you hear a weird, annoying noise like a constant interval between two notes, for instance f to f# to f to f# to f to f# etc...) that becomes less when u turn up the mix knob and disappears when the mod speed is set to its maximum.

Am I the only one that noticed this? (i had the same thing with two different DML2's) Used different amps, cables and guitars and power outlets btw)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update MAY 29 2009

I got it back and they fixed it, it sounds marvelous !!!

Excellent (!!) service from Diamond and their European dealer Taranaki Guitars !!!

Last edited:

WildJay

Yes I have the same Problem!!
I just bought the pedal and plugged it into my Tone King MeteorII... right away I hear a sort of ambulance or police siren thing happening. This is with the pedal BYPASSED btw. It is even more noticeable in the hotter lead channel or with volume incresed.
I treid powering down the pedal, differnet settings of all nobs but its still there!!!
This is also just going guitar -->pedal --> amp with planet waves cables & the supplied diamond power adaptor...
I have a bit more experimenting to do. Hopefully its nothing major but for the price of this pedal I'm a bit disapointed to even have to go through this at all:dunno

bluesd0g

Wildjay,

Fortunately, service from Diamond is E X C E L L E N T
Contact them and they will modify your diamond ML2
Let me know how it turns out.

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
Have you tried using it with a different power supply? Im not sure but if the power supply from diamond is a digital switching type that can inject some noise.

mknappe

Hi! Mike from Diamond here, hope it's ok to jump in to this discussion. We've been shipping a 24V 'switching' supply with both Memory Lane 1 and 2's for several years now - in 99.5% of rigs there won't be any noise issues whatsoever, but in rare instances there may be ground interactions / loops that cause the usually well filtered power supply switching noise to leak through the ground - which fits at least one of the descriptions here where the noise is heard with the pedal bypassed. If you have access to an 18V supply or pedal power 2+ with two isolated 9V sources we can get you the correct power patch cable to try out the alternate power source to see if the issue goes away. Let Aimish at Diamond know by emailing info@diamondpedals.com - he'll work out all the logistics and make sure these issues are taken care of.

Cheers!

Michael Knappe
Diamond Pedals

Sniper-V

Mike and Aimish both rock @ Diamond!

Took care of me more than few times!

My ML1 & ML2 are working great!

ZippoTragedy

Ditto; lol@ my 8 year old daughter, who said "what's that creepy alien sound comiong out of your amp, Dad?" Obviously cycle noise. My unit was plugged into a Furman Merit power conditioner.

Appreciate the post Michael - way to stay on top of things! I'll shoot an e-mail to the address you listed. fwiw: s/n #0387

Thanks!

chuckmoose

Hm, my ML2 is doing the same thing. With the original power supply the "siren" sound is only there when the effect is on. With my DC Brick 18v supply the effect is at a higher pitch and there all the time, even when bypassed. I don't have the fancy cable needed to use my PP2.

I know the AC power is a bit dirty where I am using the pedal right now, but I haven't had the opportunity to try it elsewhere. I'll see what happens with another power source soon...

Last edited:

ZippoTragedy

I was contacted immediately by Diamond (Aimish) who was super; offered to fix ASAP and provided clear instructions, etc. +10 on the customer service!

The only downside is it requires me to ship the unit to Nova Scotia; presumably involves a bit of paperwork (if I recall, customs declaration, etc.). As a net-new purchase (1 week old), I'm struggling with just RMA'ing the unit through the online retailer I purchased from (lazy, I know).

The cycle hum is quite noticeable on most tube amps. As a measure of proactive Testing, I would suggest that the QC department could simply plug it in and see what happens - probably the simplest form of QC there is, but may be so simple as to be overlooked. I believe Diamond makes quality products across the board - so it may just be the internals of the BBD analog circuit.

FWIW, the Diamond guys are pulling out all of the stops to give that 110% customer service, and shouldn't take a hit for exercising the options available to them. They could have just easily routed me back to my Retailer, but chose to address the issue directly with me instead. That's awesome, frankly. Great job!

awallace

Hey Zippo, Thanks for the compliments. We always prefer to deal directly with the customer on issues as working through the retailer simply adds another layer through which miscommunication could potentially happen. We'd rather have the guy evaluating/repairing a pedal be able to talk directly with the end user. Sometimes issues only become evident in specific setups or when interacting with other pedals/amps/etc. so it really helps to have that direct communication available.

Regards,

Aimish Wallace
Diamond Pedals

22Top

gahhhhh... I've had mine for months without having any issues whatsoever. Now I'm getting this same noise. And I can't get the dotted tempo feature working... there is no difference whether it is on or off??? Anyone else have this problem?

mc2

This is a bit concerning to me as I am sweating the details and the cost of delay pedals. The DML2 seems like a great gigging delay, but for 600 USD and a ship to Canada has be spooked. Excellent customer service seems to be in place and I'm a big fan of supporting that.

Is it possible to have the retailiers verify the quality before shipping? Anyone know of a good US retailer who would do this?

22Top

Why are you shipping from the US to Canada??? Do you live here??? The reason that I ask is that you are likely to find a $599 price at a dealer in Canada... save the shipping and the 'customs fees' that any of the companies will charge you. And you won't lose 25% on the exchange right now...

The delay is outstanding... I tried lots. It shares real estate with a Superdelay, only because of the presets and all the crazy sounds that box provides.

But for analog delay, it beat out the other options to my ears... and the interface offers some features that the others don't... but you do pay the premium.

awallace

I can't get the dotted tempo feature working... there is no difference whether it is on or off??? Anyone else have this problem?
Hey jarek, the dotted 8th feature can be a bit confusing initially. You have to re-tap the tempo after you switch to dotted eighth mode, you can't set it in quarter note mode and then switch- it doesn't 'remember' the tempo you set. It also only works with the tap delay, not the delay time you set using the knob.

If that doesn't clear up the issue just send me a quick email (aimish@diamondpedals.com) and I can help you sort it out. Also note that unless you have a reference to keep you in time (metronome, drummer, or really good internal time), it's really easy to switch gears and start playing to the repeats which will have it sounding as quarters again. Without a reference I start playing to the echoes every time... LOL....

Also, re: the noise... shoot me an email, we'll sort it out for you.

Cheers,

Aimish Wallace
Diamond Pedals

bluesd0g

Update MAY 29 2009

I got it back and they fixed it, it sounds marvelous !!!

Excellent (!!) service from Diamond and their European dealer Taranaki Guitars !!!

22Top

I should have posted that mine returned some time ago. Sounds like the day I bought it!

Was able to score a sweet deal on a ST-MIX... can't wait to get that on the go with my Halo and ML2.

-Jarek

Trending Topics