For me, there is no better guitar than a Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul.

JaiRamana

Glad you found what makes you happy @Magnets And Melodies ! :beer

My #1 is a 2014 Gibson Custom Long Scale (25.5") Les Paul. Here it is as a newborn:

It's not 100% stock now anymore but remains my #1. This model is really rare, so I grabbed a few while they were readily available. The first I bought happens to be my favorite of the three.

I confess I sometimes drool over the Buckethead model which is a 27.5” scale!

ptgold

Glad you found what makes you happy @Magnets And Melodies ! :beer

My #1 is a 2014 Gibson Custom Long Scale (25.5") Les Paul. Here it is as a newborn:

It's not 100% stock now anymore but remains my #1. This model is really rare, so I grabbed a few while they were readily available. The first I bought happens to be my favorite of the three.

Ive never played this version, but I have a custom made LP style with 25.5 inch scale by Mcnaught guitars. More people need to try LPs with this scale, much more versatile IMHO YMMV

...with a healthy budget for a Les Paul, I ran the racks and left with a $500 LPJ... I didn’t see that one coming!
Did the same thing here and wound up with a 2017 Faded Bourbon. Best Les Paul on the racks, bar none. Lots were prettier, more expensive(!!), whatever. This one played and sounded the absolute best, went back to it 4 or 5 times, ended up coming home with me, and had extra cash leftover to take the SO out to smooth over the "another guitar?" conversation, lol. Funny what running the racks gets you.

DiPa

Constant GAS
Gold Supporting Member
I love my two Gibson Custom Shop guitars. They're two of the best playing and sounding LPs I've ever had my paws on. They're CCs, numbers 14 and 28. I've played one or the other at every gig I've had since I bought them.

You gonna give GAS to others here, nice ones

and Tuning issues.

Jk
Yeah haven't heard that one before...

Having said that, on an honest note. I picked up one of my LP's today for the first time in a week, thrashed about on it a bit before getting ready to record... right before recording I went to tune it and, to my delight, every string was bang on, perfect tuning since the last time I tuned it over a week ago. I'll be honest even I was surprised. Not cause it was a Gibson, but because no guitar I've ever owned has done that.

Last edited:
Yeah haven't heard that one before...

Having said that, on an honest note. I picked up one of my LP's today for the first time in a week, thrashed about on it a bit before getting ready to record... right before recording I went to tune it and, to my delight, every string was bang on, perfect tuning since the last time I tuned it over a week ago. I'll be honest even I was surprised. Not cause it was a Gibson, but because no guitar I've ever owned has done that.
I'm jk... I used to own a standard and a silverburst custom. I never had any major tuning issues that was any different than any other guitar.

I have heard that an SG with a short Tenon will give you headaches with tuning issues but I've never owned one

Having said that the most stable guitar I've ever owned is my PRS modern eagle.

Last edited: