For me, there is no better guitar than a Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul.

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Magnets And Melodies, Jul 2, 2019.

1. JWhite

JWhite Member

I own a 01 Nashville historic ‘59 es-335. I love it.
    I’ve read all the complaints about QC and I must be a really lucky man to have such fine instrument.

Playing authentic and damn proud of it.

-edit to add the ‘59 lol

BADHAK and Magnets And Melodies like this.
  2. Salfordlad

Salfordlad Member

Gibson's are great, Fenders are great, Yamaha's are great, heck Squier's are great. Loads of great guitars out there. Nothing new about this...

[​IMG]

3. sunkidd

sunkidd Silver Supporting Member

Damn, that would normally take some doin’...!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  4. T Dizz

T Dizz Member

Oh Man!

5. customguitars87

customguitars87 Member

I can't really understand wanting to add to the very tired back and forth of "I know a lot of you hate Gibsons, but I love my Gibson, so there!". We get it...some folks like brand X or Y, some folks hate brand X or Y and for a variety of reasons...the way I see it is just play what you want and let others do the same. No one's opinion is going to be being swayed in one direction or the other by any of these threads.

Couldn't agree more! It's amazing to be a guitar player right now, with the insane amount of options across any price range and the fact that you can get a great quality studio/gig-ready guitar for $200 these days...that certainly wasn't the case when I first picked up the instrument.

Think that white tele needs the strings installed a little more accurately though :p

6. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Well... no matter the company, no matter their goofy persona - if you dig the guitar, play it! I have several guitars that I feel it really doesn't get any better. Its a *great* feeling.

Magnets And Melodies likes this.
  7. lostpoet2

lostpoet2 Supporting Member

I have an ES-335 that I purchased from another member here 4 years ago, and it is so great that it is still his profile photo.

8. Salfordlad

Salfordlad Member

Well that was just before I decided to change it from Dover to Wimbledon white... long story... another couple of weeks to cure before I slap it back together.
    [​IMG]

customguitars87 likes this.
  9. MusicalMan

MusicalMan Member

yup... Exactly like that one... :D

Magnets And Melodies likes this.
  10. kingrazor

kingrazor Member

So I've always been curious, but where does the "custom" aspect of the Gibson custom shop come in? Can you actually "customize" these instruments at all?

walkthewalk likes this.
  11. Magnets And Melodies

Magnets And Melodies Member

You can. That's their Made to Measure program. Basically select everything and tell em what you want and they'll make it. The stuff you see/hear about the most is made at a production capacity, but by the same people who do the M2M stuff. I see what you're saying and getting at, but to me that's just semantics. They have a Custom Shop that does Custom work, but also put out a constant number of historical reissues (which has become their bread and butter really).

12. Sirloin

Sirloin Supporting Member

Gone. It was a joke.

DV52 and El Rey like this.
  13. kingrazor

kingrazor Member

I hadn't actually heard of the made to measure thing, good to know. I just knew that Fender and other companies had custom shops where you could actually customize your guitar, whereas Gibson's "custom shop" seemed to just be fancy standards.

14. Magnets And Melodies

Seems like in your mind, we're all in the middle of a war zone trying to prove that our guitars are better than yours etc etc.

Nobody's trying to sway anybodies opinions. It's really just a post to say, hey, you know what, I read this forum on a daily basis and there's been so much discussion going on lately, but... when I pick up my guitar, man I'm in heaven. It feels good.

I think me, and the guy whose favorite guitar is a Telecaster, or Strat, Fender or Squier, or any other model or brand.... In the moment we play what we love and it just feels "right", we're feeling the same thing. In that moment we have a lot in common. This wasn't worded in any way to suggest "this is better than yours". It very much is a statement that says, "man, I've not found anything better than this for myself.. it's perfect".

Not everything is a battle. Sometimes you can just post something cause you're happy. That's allowed.

Grad, Arewenotmen?, mrfett and 4 others like this.
  15. Magnets And Melodies

The Custom Shops at Fender and Gibson both operate relatively the same at a high level. They both do custom work (made to measure, you pick what you want, they build it) and they both release historical replica type stuff on a regular basis.

It's basically the same for all intents and purposes.

kingrazor likes this.
  16. Magnets And Melodies

I'll just put this down then....

[​IMG]

17. customguitars87

customguitars87 Member

I hear you! I guess it's just about how posts are interpreted and I may have just misinterpreted yours. The most important thing is loving what you play, and having an instrument that inspires you to pick it up and create is what it's all about. No matter what company you found that with, it definitely does feel great!

C-4, MusicalMan, Pablo and 1 other person like this.
  18. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

I love any killer guitar I can get my hands on for an amazing low price

I've lucked out over the years an picked up A LOT of nice guitars over the years, but haven't scored a Gibson CS yet.

My goal is to eventually run into one for about 1K or so.

I had such amazing luck that I feel I'll stumble upon sooner or later.

It just takes diligence and patience.

27sauce and Magnets And Melodies like this.
  19. Magnets And Melodies

I couldn't have said it better myself! Agreed 110%!!

customguitars87 likes this.
  20. RicardoDiazHimself

RicardoDiazHimself Member

TL;DR version: "I'm a fanboy" :)

Go Cat Go!! and Lt Dak like this.