• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

For my Helix friends. It's pathological. I'm sorry.

Watt McCo

Supporting Member
Love and Hugs. Also; Frank is awesome; where ever he may be.

You are always welcome to "school me" on my love/hate relationship with Boss and penchant for Mustang GT guitar tones. Open arms and all that.
Can I introduce you to the benefits of multi-band compressor? There's this great, 53 minute 5-minute-tone video that explains how easy it is to use.

phil_m

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Gold Supporting Member
I have a visceral reaction to PRS guitars, so I get that aspect of it… There are times when I think I’d like one - the new Mark Lettieri Fiore, for instance, seems like it should be awesome. But I think it’s as ugly as anything, and I can’t imagine buying one for that reason alone. I hate the frickin’ birds!

Gearzilla

Silver Supporting Member
I have a visceral reaction to PRS guitars, so I get that aspect of it… There are times when I think I’d like one - the new Mark Lettieri Fiore, for instance, seems like it should be awesome. But I think it’s as ugly as anything, and I can’t imagine buying one for that reason alone. I hate the frickin’ birds!
Isn't a Fiore basically an HSS Ash Strat with a different headstock and birds?

Last edited:

mike_m

Yeah, I hate the birds too. I have an older SE with the crescent moon dot inlays, and it’s a much better looking guitar for it.

Semihollowfun

I still own a Mustang GT 100. I put a bass speaker in it and gave it to the bass player. The GT has some good amp tones…but that real amp feel thing is completely lacking IMHO. It’s great for recording with access to loads of effects and amps, but it doesn’t feel like a real amp pushing air When playing through it. Just my opinion.

Fireproof

Platinum Supporting Member
Haha - I get that.

I would love to try a PRS one of these days, but I don’t want to go to Dental School…

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
I still own a Mustang GT 100. I put a bass speaker in it and gave it to the bass player. The GT has some good amp tones…but that real amp feel thing is completely lacking IMHO. It’s great for recording with access to loads of effects and amps, but it doesn’t feel like a real amp pushing air When playing through it. Just my opinion.
I get you. For me; it's as good a compromise from modeling to a "real amp" as I will get.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom