For my Wife- North Star

pete692

Silver Supporting Member
I wrote, recorded and made a video of this song as a birthday gift for my wife. This spring, we lost our lovely 14 year old son Eric, after a six year battle with brain cancer. His treatments and hospitalizations over the years often left Wendy and I far, far from home- far from friends, far from family. During times when Eric was having a surgery or recovering from one, we were often alone with each other agonizing over exactly what both the immediate and far off future held for our boy and for our family. Looking at it now, I can see that I was truly blessed to have such a strong, capable and willing wife by my side. She not only kept our son in high spirits and ready for his next challenge, but she also kept me standing upright through all the thousands of miles of driving and sleeping on hospital window sills and strange hotel beds.
I know that it was a terrifying struggle for her to watch the absolute love of her life have to go through the things he did. She did this all the while putting on a brave face to Eric and I just to keep us going. She knew always exactly what to say, but more importantly, what not to say, to keep things moving in a positive direction. As long as she was okay, and Eric could see that, Eric was okay. And if Eric was okay, we all were. Just an amazing woman.

The Duck

I have no words. The emotion pours form this song, and its obvious it was written from the heart.
I cant even imagine going through what the two of you (and Eric) went through. Just the fact that the two of you came out of this together says a lot.

Last edited:

derekd

Supporting Member
Man, what a gut-wrenching story. As a father of 4 daughters, I can't imagine losing one to cancer.

I'm glad you were able to express your love and appreciation through music. Well done.

TL;DR

I’m ashamed to admit that I always dread reading your posts, as they really hurt. I have 4 kids, two older and two younger than Eric. I figure if you can actually endure the tragedy, the very least I can do is listen to your songs. They are beautiful, and I am so sorry for your and Wendy’s loss. Now I’m crying again
:cry:

pete692

Silver Supporting Member
I’m ashamed to admit that I always dread reading your posts, as they really hurt. I have 4 kids, two older and two younger than Eric. I figure if you can actually endure the tragedy, the very least I can do is listen to your songs. They are beautiful, and I am so sorry for your and Wendy’s loss. Now I’m crying again
:cry:
Thanks man. Yeah it’s kind of tough carrying this tragic story around and deciding how and when to share it. I have to work with the public and believe it or not I have kind of close acquaintances there and customers that just have no idea what’s been going on with me. Somehow I just can’t bear to bring down the room. So I guess TGP has been a valuable outlet for me to get this stuff out, and I truly appreciate having your guys’ ears.

Julio Iguana

You’ve shared with the TGP’ers your grief & love through your music which for you has been a release. These events you’ve been through have caused marriages to go in an opposite direction. So what I’m saying is your song gives credit to your wife, but the fact you two are together says a lot about you too.

Trending Topics