For PRINCE fans - Hohner Tele is back

mr.mattphisto

ahhh...cool??!? Looks kinda cheesy too...

Purple Reign?

hta490-big.jpg

donnievaz

Funny how they VERY carefully did not use the name Prince, or the (trademarked I'm sure) "Purple Rain" in the add. This could get interesting.

Guitartim

That looks like a FUN guitar!
Hohner really stands behind its products too.
Just don't tell them your Harmonica is starting to smell funny...:D

RomanS

it's funny that the guitar looks nothing like the one prince uses.

??? The only thing that looks different is the headstock - pickguard, binding, centerstripe, bridge & surround, slightly flamed body: they got all the other details right!

prince1.jpg

PrinceCU.jpg

oldskool_prince.jpg

frank62

I think the guitar Prince has is an H S Anderson. A friend here in town has had one forever. Before there was a Prince. The Hohner looks the same but is not as nice as the Andersons.

Funny how they VERY carefully did not use the name Prince, or the (trademarked I'm sure) "Purple Rain" in the add. This could get interesting.

Interesting indeed. I'm just waiting to see how long before Prince tries to put the kibosh on this.

It looks like a cool, fun guitar, but does anyone know if Hohner will offer the uh, "squirting" mechanism as a custom option?:crazy Maybe they should hook up with Prince and make a "relic'd" copy of his original guitar at a price fit for a, uh..... nevermind.:D

RomanS

I think the guitar Prince has is an H S Anderson. A friend here in town has had one forever. Before there was a Prince. The Hohner looks the same but is not as nice as the Andersons.

According to this website http://www.photopix.ch/guitar/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=5
the HS Anderson is just a differently branded version of the same guitar, made by the same company as the Hohner (first series); the bad Hohner versions came out much later, in the late 1980s, and were called TE Prinz (without an "h" in "The/TE").
I had a Strat copy from the same line of guitars, the Hohner ST57 - actually my very first electric guitar, and that one was a real dog, esp. the pickups were really bad.

frank62

^Thanks for the info. The one my buddy has is a very well made guitar. Everyone used to make fun of it until Prince showed up with one. Now when he uses it somebody wants to buy it on the spot.

jgyn

Did/does this Hohner Telecaster have any essential difference to the Fender Telecaster?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom