For the CJOD fans...

Five Horizons

Silver Supporting Member
While this is nothing new, I am a big fan of the CJOD. However, I've never wanted to gig with a pedal as rare or expensive as it is. I've been searching for the right pedal to replace it and here's a video to show how this pedal can do for me what the CJOD used to do for me in my rig.

Ladies and gentleman, may I introduce to you the Black Market Overdrive (or "BMOD" for short).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQcsK8QU4b4

jrigg

Gold Supporting Member
OK sounds good. Who makes the Black Market Overdrive and how much are they?

gregory49

I didn't really like either. Maybe it was the Video. But If i had to pick one it would be the Clay for sound alone.. it was better but not 7 or 800 dollars better..

Teahead

I thought the single note lead stuff sounded better on the CJOD and the rhythm was marginally better on the BMOD. Although I agree the rhythm tone is rather muffled on each and not a sound I would use.

thiscalltoarms

more gadgets than Batman.
Platinum Supporting Member
hmmm, the CJOD sounds more congested than usual in that clip...

... all bets are off because the point of reference sounds a-typical...

thiscalltoarms

more gadgets than Batman.
I look forward to another clip. will you be doing the same comparison between cjod and the bmo? how much does this BMO pedal cost and who makes it?

I'm very interested, I like CJODs particular compression characteristic, but their pricetag its insane now a-days.

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
I simply don't understand not using a pedal because it has now appreciated. If is sounds good, use it. It is not like someone in a bar is out hunting for CJOD's to steal. Outside of this board and people on e-bay, not much is known about them, and most people wouldn't care anyway.

The inflated value of CJOD's are STILL not what most of us have in a guitar we gig with. Should those stay at home too?

Was this the overdrive originally called the Jay Clones OD?

mfgobbi

It doesn't surprise me that CJOD clones are already begining to show up and that they sound identical to the original, because there is no more mystery: it is a modified TS. Like a LDO, and like so many other gooped ODs... this has revealed by CJ himself a couple months back, and by the guys who reverse engineered it.

mythbuster

Let the misinformation begin! Clay has "revealed" several different pedals as being the inspiration for the CJOD, which means none of it can be reliable.

As for "the guys" who reverse engineered it, there is only one guy and he is not one of the fools over at freestomp. He has not said anything about what the circuit is to anyone and he is making the Black Market Overdrive.

Very interesting news, but why everybody can find here:
http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?t=409&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

this tracing:

URL]

from where you can see, that the CJOD is nothing else than a TS-circuit ?

John Hurtt

Let the misinformation begin! Clay has "revealed" several different pedals as being the inspiration for the CJOD, which means none of it can be reliable.

As for "the guys" who reverse engineered it, there is only one guy and he is not one of the fools over at freestomp. He has not said anything about what the circuit is to anyone and he is making the Black Market Overdrive.

I see you're back pimping this pedal again. Glad you like it, but my CJOD doesn't sound anything like the clip you presented. Last time you brought this up you were pushing your "friends" clone, said he would build 'em for people for....what was it? $300? Can't remember...

QOTSA

I see you're back pimping this pedal again. Glad you like it, but my CJOD doesn't sound anything like the clip you presented. Last time you brought this up you were pushing your "friends" clone, said he would build 'em for people for....what was it? $300? Can't remember...

This is rich, how did you manage to hear a clip I haven't even recorded yet. What clip dude?

And technically if I was pimping anything, I'd be making some money which I'm not, or selling them which I'm not. At least I think that's how pimping works?

Wesman61

Aside from attacking anyone I've already lost interest since no one seems to able to tell Us anything but that it sounds like a CJOD. I have no interest in hype or BS. I'm through with this thread.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom