For the love of EH...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rjfletcher82, May 13, 2008.

1. rjfletcher82

rjfletcher82 Member

So I basically have this semi-unhealthy, slightly sensual attraction for almost all things electro-harmonix...and really, can you blame me?

I'm looking for a fun analog delay, and for a long time I've had my eye and my change jar aimed at a memory man deluxe. I absolutely love it what I've heard from it and what I've been able to get from it when I've messed with it at a store.

I am also very impatient, and I have seen the Memory Man Hazarai pedal. What's going on here...what's the difference, beside the setup and looks, and is the Hazarai a worthy substitution? I don't think it is...but I also used to be fond of Danelectro...

Any thoughts? Should I skip the Memory Man and go straight for the Eventide?

2. dahn8

dahn8 Member

The Hazarai is not analog but has savable presets and tap tempo among other things. It's a digital pedal whereas the MMD is analog. Likewise the Eventide is also a digital pedal.

There is a smaller form MMD coming out soon too:
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=350453

hope that helps :)

3. rjfletcher82

rjfletcher82 Member

I like the Eventide basically because it's vast, expansive, and can do so much...

Digital is acceptable, as long as I can dial in a good analog replication if I need to...

4. dreed

dreed Member

Go with the Delux Memory Man. I've had it on my board for five years and it has never let me down. The digital pedals while great modelers will not get you that same analog feeling as the DMM.

I tried the Hazarai in the store and would never subsitute it for my DMM. It's a totally different pedal and I just couldn't get a sound i liked out of it.

You might want to wait for the smaller DMM that EH is producing. There's another thread around here somewhere about it. I'm pretty sure it's the same pedal, just housed in a smaller case. Either way...the DMM is the way to go if you want a great analog delay.

5. rjfletcher82

rjfletcher82 Member

I dunno...I like the big ol' chunky casing of the Deluxe.