For the love of God a squier strat is not a Fender strat!

SWEENEY

I am NO fender expert, but I thought if it said Fender real big, it was a Fender brand and the Squier series was the model designation.

Not to be confused with Squier brand Strats/teles.

IMO, Fender should have reserved the Fender name for the American standard series and above, and let Squier be the import brand.

If it matters, I LOVE Gibsons...and play an Agile AL2000. :banana :aok

llwonder02

I am NO fender expert, but I thought if it said Fender real big, it was a Fender brand and the Squier series was the model designation.

Not to be confused with Squier brand Strats/teles.

IMO, Fender should have reserved the Fender name for the American standard series and above, and let Squier be the import brand.

If it matters, I LOVE Gibsons...and play an Agile AL2000. :banana :aok
I could be wrong. I'm not sure. I see a lot guitars listed like this though and its annoying

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Silver Supporting Member
What is that fantastic guitar?
From the shape my guess would be a St. Blues Bluesmaster.

And just for you my friend, a bonus:

Brad8008135

That's actually a legit Fender.
Yeah, I actually own one. I do think if I sold it, I'd put "this is a bastard" disclaimer in my ad. US wood (the good wood years), Korean hardware, Mexican pickups, assembled in Mexico - at least that's the rumor I heard, and I'm sticking with it.

Last edited:

Joe Bleaux

Yeah, I actually own one. I do think if I sold it, I'd put "this is a bastard" disclaimer in my ad. US wood, foreign hardware, Mexican pickups, assembled in Mexico - at least that's the rumor I heard, and I'm sticking with it.
Yep, I own two; one with the Squier series label on the ball end of the headstock, and one that just says Fender. There is a lot of information floating around the web about these "black label" mid-nineties oddballs, including some claims that they are mostly U. S. necks and bodies that were assembled in Mexico because of a fire in the U.S. factory. Not sure that's true in my case; for example, I'm pretty sure that both of the bodies are made out of poplar, which I doubt was ever used in American strats. Also both of them are similar in that they have wonderful necks, but the hardware is mediocre, and the pickups sound like butt. But man, are those necks nice...

llwonder02

Okay I suppose it is a fender. But it is still not a "Fender Statocaster" as advertised. I do admit, I was wrong. But still, its marketed as a Fender Statocaster, in every other picture it's avoiding the headstock. They're asking $400 for it. Maybe that's not crazy, idk. But typically squiers are worth a lot less, especially from the 90s.

MrMilkman

Supporting Member
It isn’t a Squier though, it’s a Fender. That price is about right for one, too, at least according to Reverb.