• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

For the Nobels ODR-1 fans, Nordland ODR-C!

Blix

Norwegian
Silver Supporting Member
Last edited:

Silkrodamus

Better than buying a vintage Nobels ODR-1, a new Nobels ODR-1 BC or a Vemuram Shanks ODS-1 in my opinion....but better is in the eye of the beholder.

I got one on order, anyhow, have been stalking his page waiting for him to build more lol thanks for the heads up. Wanted to support the original engineer of this pedal and see what his ultimate version of his classic design is like, since he went through the trouble of creating his own company to deliver this version for people.

Blix

Norwegian
Silver Supporting Member
I was ready to order but yikes after conversion and shipping it would be over $300 Canadian...
Yeah definitely not cheap.And I get hit with a 25% customs tax when it comes here... :bonk

Last edited:

Silkrodamus

I was ready to order but yikes after conversion and shipping it would be over $300 Canadian...
And if we get charged 25% like the Americans....which I suspect we might....it'll be somethin like 90 bucks extra when it gets to Canada.

Edit: you might be safe....I think we have a free trade/duty free arrangement with Germany.

Last edited:

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
....$300?...with conversion...shippping and should we get hit with brokerage fees... we’re almost pushing $500 CAD!

Oops....I see others beat me to the punch on the cost horror’s purchasing from Canada. I was close... but have an ODR that I’m happy with and I’m now intrigued by the recently announced Maxon SD-9 Scott Henderson. Let the waiting continue...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron

Silkrodamus

....$300?...with conversion...shippping and should we get hit with brokerage fees... we’re almost pushing $500 CAD!

Oops....I see others beat me to the punch on the cost horror’s purchasing from Canada. I was close... but have an ODR that I’m happy with and I’m now intrigued by the recently announced Maxon SD-9 Scott Henderson. Let the waiting continue...
It was $360 CAD with shipping included. All the research I've been doing on shipping from Germany to Canada indicates that we have a free trade agreement....banking on that lol hope this doesn't come out to almost $500 with some additional crazy duties fees or somethin', cause I could live with the costs I've already paid for a 'really tricked-out Nobels ODR-1'.

Just waiting for the axe to fall though lol I am not known for my luck.

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
It was $360 CAD with shipping included. All the research I've been doing on shipping from Germany to Canada indicates that we have a free trade agreement....banking on that lol hope this doesn't come out to almost $500 with some additional crazy duties fees or somethin', cause I could live with the costs I've already paid for a 'really tricked-out Nobels ODR-1'.

Just waiting for the axe to fall though lol I am not known for my luck.
I’m pulling for you!! Let us know. I’ve been devastated by brokerage fees so I’m living scared, lol.... but I don’t know about the Germany scenario.

Blix

Norwegian
Silver Supporting Member
My total will be around USD$410 when my government has taken their share :bonk

Silkrodamus

I’m pulling for you!! Let us know. I’ve been devastated by brokerage fees so I’m living scared, lol.... but I don’t know about the Germany scenario.
Lol I'll report immediately as soon as it's in my hands. For better or worse. I never intended to be Canada's 'Canary in the Coal Mine' when I bought this, but I accept my new role! Lol

My total will be around USD$410 when my government has taken their share :bonk

Trending Topics