For the old school guys here

Bobby D

I love Guy Clark - one of the best songwriters in America. wish more people knew about him. Love his song "The Cape" and the song about the Randall Knife....

mannish

I been doing a tune he wrote, Step inside this House that Lyle covers. I think Lyle said it was Guy's first song and he hates it - never recorded it ??

A lot of great songs Things That Work, Fried Green Tomatoes...etc

Bob Maximus

Silver Supporting Member
Great!

I've got to meet and listen to Verlon Thompson a few times. Verlon is just an insanely good flat-picker. He has been writing and performing with Guy for a long time.

Scuttlebutt

Silver Supporting Member
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing that. I love intimate settings like this. I saw Leon Redbone in a similar setting and it was an occasion I'll remember forever. Sure wish I could have attended this one.

Kingsley Fats

I been doing a tune he wrote, Step inside this House that Lyle covers. I think Lyle said it was Guy's first song and he hates it - never recorded it ??

His Tomatoes weren't Fried Green they were Home Grown....a song that he introduces as a love song.

I think theres only 2 sorts of people in the world. Those that have heard and love Guy Clark & those that heven't

smokinop

Silver Supporting Member
...the only two things that money can't buy, that's true love & homegrown tomatoes!

Aaron Mayo

Home Grown Tomatoes? There's only two things money can't buy . . . Edit: guess I'm too slow.

Trending Topics