For those of you that are in gigging bands

Turi

I'm expecting a whole lot of alt-rock or '90s styled rock/pop.
There'll be some country too. Maybe even a lil red dirt Americana.
You wanna know who's in some cool original bands?
@rhinocaster @TheoDog

Those dudes are in cool original bands.

Last edited by a moderator:

stbhorn

How about a zydeco / rock band?? Louisiana Rhythm Katz . . . check us out on youtube and facbook.

micycle

Here's my pride and joy, Iced Ink (I'm on guitar and songwriting duties). Stick with it for a couple of minutes and chances are you might find something you like! Although this from a studio album, these songs were all tracked live with all of us in the same room, no touch-ups or overdubs. I didn't even wear headphones which was AWESOME.

flume

Double Platinum Member
Thanks. I do appreciate it. But I'm about ready to fold it up since we've been at it for awhile in DC and are getting no traction. I understand that as instrumentalists, we're a niche thing, but I thought there would be more room at the table in DC for what we do.

There isn't. Or maybe there was, and I missed it.

beanbass

I am playing dobro on this, (actually lap steel with a dobro eq). Susan Cattaneo and Danielle Miraglia are singer/songwiters in the Boston Roots/Americana Music scene.

Last edited:

guitarjazz

Gold Supporting Member
Go ahead and post clips of it if you have something. Genre sounds like it would be removed enough from the stuff I listed as excluded to justify giving it a go.
One of my student just played me some roughs of his band. I said "It sounds like skiffle". He said "What's skiffle?" In any case that's what made me think of it.
Try.....Was a huge style in Great Britain, then imploded....

Trending Topics