For those of you who've had your KPA for a while now...

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by guittarzzan, Jan 26, 2012.

1. guittarzzan

guittarzzan Member

For those who have had their KPA's for a while now...

How well would you say it replicates everything about a good tube amp's sound and feel?

I own an AxefxII and feel that there are a few percentage points still missing, though it sounds excellent. I'm speaking in terms of recording and doing critical listening. Live, I'm not sure I could tell which is live or memorex. Also, in all fairness, I haven't done critical listening tests since v5. Will do this weekend.

Just wondering if you feel like it's indistinguishable between a real tube amp.

Also, have you done any critical listening tests of tube amp tracks compared to KPA profiled tracks?

What did you discover?

Do you feel anything is missing...punch, definition, response (pick your adjective)?

I really don't care if the profile sound exactly the same as the original amp. I'm much more concerned if it's able to capture and replicate every aspect of the sound and feel of a tube amp to a degree that I can't tell a difference.

I'm going to post this at TGP too since this place is a bit of a ghost town.

thanks,

Steve

2. timowens316

timowens316 Member

Good questions, not to hijack your thread but I would also like ask the same people how do they feel about the tech support, it seems pretty much nonexistent on the forum, is everyone getting good support through email or some other means?

3. seranance

seranance Member

135.6% more real. Twice as much feel. On Thursdays, three times as much. Before 5pm, though, then it reverts to twice the feel.

I don't.:p

Which is why I bought the KPA. Obviously a long term opinion can't be forthcoming but my few test runs with it have resulted in thumbs up all around. It's just plain old fantastic, and almost any of the factory rigs can be easily tweaked to give something more than usable and appropriate for the moment.

That's never been a question I know what to do with. I plug my guitars into all kinds of holes :rotflmao and the only question which ever arises for me is...is this working or not? From my few weeks with the KPA the answer is a resounding YES! I haven't used it in any critical recordings so far but there's been nothing to suggest it won't behave like a champ.

In both senses of that word. :phones

Madness, alcoholism, drug addiction, less than stellar women, hairy aircraft landings, and always in that order.

Missing? That inevitably all of you smelly bastards will have one too!

476.3% more real.

It sounds exactly like a Stradivarius.

4. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

Apparently all the important people went to NAMM -- even though many people on the KPA forum suggest NAMM isn't really that important when I questioned the lack of new information coming from the NAMM show...

:huh

I hope they all take different means of transportation. At my company there is an edict that states no more than 5 directors can take the same flight, rail trip, etc... together. Just in case, well... you know, something bad happens.

5. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

Lol... more golden promises... are you guys sure this isn't the Ark of the Covenant wrapped in 50's art deco tech? Apparently the Ark has been found, is Christoph Kemper really Indiana Jones?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/10/an-unbelievable-ark-of-th_n_1085987.html

:banana

6. seranance

seranance Member

I emailed about an issue late one evening, the following morning the latest in-house beta and instructions arrived. My suspicion is that these people know what the fk they're doing.:p