Forget custom straps, I want a plain, tanned leather strap...

Jerrod

Gold Supporting Member
any idea where I can find one? I bought a couple many years ago from Stephens Stringed Instruments, and some snake stole one of them. I need a couple or more, but I can only find the mass-produced and super-high-end custom varieties. Thanks!

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
what i have is the #71040, a buttery soft single-ply leather strap, and it lists for $33.

Jerrod

Gold Supporting Member
Ah... I was looking at the Pinnacle Belting models. Thanks. Any other options like that out there?

JimmyR

I like the vintage style Fender straps. Other than that I just go to a leather supplies place, buy a strip of leather the right width, dye it whatever colour I want (hmmm... black?) and punch two holes in the right places. It's surprisingly cheap and you can make it whatever length/width you want and there are no buckles.

teleman1

Silver Supporting Member
I have 3 inch wide,or is it 4 Franklin straps that is some type of weaved fabric. I do have one oler leather. THe expensive straps look cool,but they usually have metal pieces on them. Who needs that to scratch you guitar or other things unless you are a rleic type of person.

soli528

Look, my first gold medal.
Gold Supporting Member
Do they have any less than $100?!?!?!?!? :confused:
They used to run auctions on eBay- I got one there for $18. Of course, it took 2 months to receive. I was just about to file a claim before the 60 day mark and it arrived at my house- it was of such quality that I quickly forgot about being pissed.

buddastrat

I got a really nice one at a flea market where a leather shop had a booth set up. $20 I think. Nice soft, brown leather with slits for length adjustment. It's aged really nice. The cool thing is no stupid logos and funky designs or anything. Just a cool strap.

Maybe try the local yellow pages and look for some leather repair/craft shops.

frank62

Go to Tandy Leather, buy a strip of leather and make one. Less than 20 bucks. They will even punch the holes in each end for you.

bluesdoc

Gold Supporting Member
Platinum Supporting Member
I have a couple of Franklins I use exclusively.

jon

Chicago Slim

I love my Levy's straps, but the new ones only go to 53". My old Levy's guitar strap went to 56". The new ones just work with a double cutaway Strat or PRS, but are too short for an SG or ES335.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom