• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Forgive me if your jaw hits the floor whilst viewing this

Telejester

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh. That's nice.
When Rory starts playing with the slide, I can feel my heart pounding. He gets THAT tone with just a tele thru a treble boost pedal and into a vox ac30, its simply astonishing and he truly was THE real deal.

Hendrix was asked on a TV show what it was like being the best guitarist in the world and he said I don't know, ask Rory Gallagher.

Gclef

When Rory starts playing with the slide, I can feel my heart pounding. He gets THAT tone with just a tele thru a treble boost pedal and into a vox ac30, its simply astonishing and he truly was THE real deal.

Hendrix was asked on a TV show what it was like being the best guitarist in the world and he said I don't know, ask Rory Gallagher.
False quote from hendrix. Said in reference to more than one other player too.

Spooky Action

No tele neck pickup I ever played would get to that tone in a million years. Great video. His drummer is really on here, too.

Doomrider78

Pffft Didn't mute whilst tuning...amateur :spit

Was he influenced by Mountain, by any chance? That song has some familiar melodies.

rb2100

Kickass slide playing - and my jaw hit the floor when I saw the bass players sweater. I hear a lot of similarities to Johnny Winter's Highway 61 slide playing.

66fuzz

Silver Supporting Member
He's one the best of the generation. Always love his playing, even when he's staggering around it's brutally good! The amount of material he knew was pretty epic. Acoustic stuff is so good too! RIP Rory for sure!

One of my favs here! The lineup from this concert was Jaw Dropping!

Trending Topics