Found a use for Little Green Wonder! Clip...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wahwah, Apr 7, 2008.

1. wahwah

wahwah Member

I was about to sell my Mad Professor Little Green Wonder because it just wasn't working for me with my amps, but today I found a great application for it where it works better than anything else I have. I've got it driving the front of a Korg Toneworks G4 Leslie simulator, and it's doing the job nicely! Here's a clip... http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6437056 This is straight into the LGW > G4 > direct into Metric Halo ULN-2, using the G4's cabinet simulator. That extra bit of ugly grit that had me disliking the LGW has found its place!

Cheers..................................wahwah

2. wahwah

wahwah Member

Just to add to that, I also tried a Zendrive and that did a fantastic job as well, for a more "mellow" Leslie. The surprise was the fact that Timmy didn't fair so well for the task!

Cheers..................................wahwah

3. leodiditright

leodiditright Supporting Member

And what are the amps the LGW is not working with?

4. wahwah

wahwah Member

A pair of '83 Fender Super Champs, and a custom handbuilt 100w combo called a Rockbender, essentially a Bassman preamp circuit but with EL-34 power stage. The guitar is a '68 Strat. The LGW has failed to remove an Ulbrick 12AXE and a white Eternity.

Cheers................................wahwah

5. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

what chip does your LGW have inside ??? its the one you can adjust to your needs thru a range of chip swaps tl82 and 72 get cleaner and bolder the 272 breaks up easier.... heck you can even swap chips with the E or try a BB 2134 ;)

6. wahwah

wahwah Member

Thanks for that. It's got a 272 in it. But the problem isn't with the way the pedal overdrives, it's a very versatile pedal, it's a matter of how the overall tone of the pedal interacts with my rig. I gave it a good run at about a dozen gigs and tried every tonal permutation, but it just didn't click. It would be counter productive to swap chips with the Eternity, because the E is currently fulfilling its role brilliantly. But as I said in the OP, the good news is that I found a great role for the LGW to play, driving the front of the G4. It kicks the crap out of the G4's internal Drive, as would be expected!

Cheers................................wahwah