1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Found a winner...Briton II...why aren't more people on this bandwagon?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Mastervolume, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Mastervolume

Mastervolume Member

OK I have been through more amps than most medium sized guitar centers.

Came across the Heritage Briton about a month ago. only because you monkeys on the board let it sit at 1050.00 for WEEKS!

Thought I would give it a whirl.

Ummmm.. loud or quiet, master that works better than any I have played. FX loop done in a clever way...2nd channnel if you need it.

Tone.... sounds like the best Vox or 18 watt marshall or killer boutique amp.

handwired... killer components....zoso cap...carbon comps.....

I keep thinking that I am in a honeymoon period but...I have sold some big dollar amps that came up short next to this little monster.

Viva la heritage!

2. chrisgraff

chrisgraff Member

3. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

Yes, I've noticed, LOL! :D

I have a Victory 1x12 coming next week. I have high expectations.

4. Mastervolume

Mastervolume Member

love the komet. I wish I could afford to have a 3K amp for OD tones only.

I have 1400.00 wrapped up in my head and cab and I don't have to use attenuators or give apologies for my volumes.

I wish I lived in a Komet world!

My reality is Briton II*

*this week ;)

5. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

i played one today at tone merchants. it was my favorite amp there. i actually played the combo ... but then i overlooked it because it didn't have a master ... i totally didn't realize there was a master on the head right next to it!!

man, i might have to make another trip.

6. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

Good on you Joe. I hope it continues to work out for you. But the "...this week..." comment leads one to think that you are at least someone who understands himself, hahah!

I think that with this line of amps, PC has demonstrated that he's got great ears for tone. I really enjoyed each of his amps and find them to be quite the value when compared to what you get for your money elsewhere.

7. trisonic

trisonic Member

Heritage amps consistently get good write ups on this board.

Best, Pete.

8. guitarman_1

guitarman_1 Silver Supporting Member

Long time Heritage amp lover here. Pauls amps are a bargain in our
    high priced boutique world. Love my Victory heads, not to mention the service from Paul and Lane. Top notch group of guys.
    :AOK

9. trisonic

trisonic Member

Which is the BF type one, Brew?

Best, Pete.

10. BBQLS1

BBQLS1 Member

I would like to try one, but I there aren't any dealers around here, even though they are made about 30 miles away?!?!?!?!

11. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

Love to hear comparison clips between the Briton II and Victory heads......

12. hawkeyeinexile

hawkeyeinexile Silver Supporting Member

WayOutWest (Santa Clara, CA (not Canada))
  13. Mastervolume

Mastervolume Member

Not only did I not overlook the thread.....I believe the amp I own is your old one.

Used it yesterday for a couple of services and it just works...

14. 57special

57special Silver Supporting Member

No clips, but the Briton II has a hair more gain, is a bit louder , and has a characteristic EL84 chime. The Victory head is a bit quieter, but has as much headroom (to my ears). It has a certain "je ne sais quoi" element to the sound.... BF, but sustains and rings more like a Vox?. Also, sounds GREAT with a strat, not shrill and thin like the old BF's.
    I like both a lot... but if pushed (which i was), i would take the Victory. I've got the head, but the combo is a very handy package for playing out.
    My theory as to why the Heritage's don't get more respect is that they are a 'real world' amp. In other words, they sound good in a basement/bedroom situation, but really shine in a live situation. That's where the clarity and cut come into play, and where they can be turned up so the natural power tube goodies come into play.
    Just a theory, though. They have a natural clear sound, like water, that's hard to hype but IMO should have staying power.
    Course they'd be worth a ton if PC just built them at home in his spare time.:D

15. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

I'm still knocked out with the Colonial. I've got it set up as a great clean platform. I put 6L6s in it and play it mostly on the "American" settings. Gets a very Fender-like sound (but can't really pin down which one, Bassman I spose...but not exactly). Even through my 1x12 open back cab (got a custom-made 65W Weber Blue Dog in it), it sounds B-I-G and F-A-T and round. Just a gorgeous sound.

This rig is really easy to cart around and with my pedal board for dirt, I can use it at virtually any gig.

:AOK

16. swankmotee

swankmotee Member

Hopefully soon you will be able to check out the live demos we did of the Victory combo and the Coloinal down at Tonefest 06'. When you see Nick Champlain post up about the DVD check one out because the heritage stuff just killz! All the guys at the fest this year loved the Victory and hopefully will chime in with their comments on this thread.;)

17. hawkeyeinexile

hawkeyeinexile Silver Supporting Member

WayOutWest (Santa Clara, CA (not Canada))
    aha - i woulda asked for first refusal, but couldn't go it when you bought anyway. so, now we're both set. (praise be :D) btw, running the Vic head through the Brit II cab can be a thing of beauty, too

:cool:

18. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

let me know when you sell it joe ;).

btw, i sent you a p.m.

19. dookie

dookie Member

Good for you, Joe...

I have to say I agree... The Heritage Briton and Briton II are amps that I heavily covet...

20. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

Wow, that's impressive Joe!!! Joe and I together have owned more amps than were handmade in North Carolina in the last 5 years......Now you got me going again....jees, and everthing was settled...the Germino 55 for the outdoor stuff, hot Cat 15 combo for the small clubs, Aiken Invader18 for a change of pace...ect.......hhuuummm...thankx Joe