• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Found an Echoplex - tips for cleanup/initial try-out/restoration?

rog951

Silver Supporting Member
It's solid state...and pretty dang nasty. I guess it's been in a basement or garage for years and the cabinet is appropriatey cruddy. Looks like there's actual mold growing inside the top of the cabinet. Bleh.

The electronics and tape mechanism do look clean though. Any tips on what I should do first? Anyone have an idea of how to eradicate the mold without doing any further damage to the label inside the top?

Also, what's the best way to determine the model? Thanks!

doctorx

It's solid state...and pretty dang nasty. I guess it's been in a basement or garage for years and the cabinet is appropriatey cruddy. Looks like there's actual mold growing inside the top of the cabinet. Bleh.

The electronics and tape mechanism do look clean though. Any tips on what I should do first? Anyone have an idea of how to eradicate the mold without doing any further damage to the label inside the top?

Also, what's the best way to determine the model? Thanks!
Post a picture, and the serial number range. I'll tell you what the model is. If you pull it from the case and get the pot codes, you can date it fairly accurately.

Regis

rog951

Silver Supporting Member
Post a picture, and the serial number range. I'll tell you what the model is. If you pull it from the case and get the pot codes, you can date it fairly accurately.

Regis
Thanks a lot; I'll get some pix up asap, as well as the s/n info. From looking at the Regis Coyne webpages linked above (hey, are you "that Regis?"), I'm pretty sure it's an EP-3.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Congrats, doesn't get much better than a EP-3!

rog951

Silver Supporting Member
Well, my wife has our camera tonight but I did get the s/n for you: 35030

rog951

Silver Supporting Member
Well, I should definitely say "many thanks" for that website. What a tremendous resource! :aok

I'm sure it's on the site somewhere, but I didn't see if you mentioned what you used to remove the mold from your EP-3. Mine is pretty moldy too...especially the inside of the top. The big label in there seems to be made of paper so I don't want to start dousing it with bleach or anything, but I have mold allergies so I need to figure out a way to get it outta there with as little exposure as possible. My thoat's already scratchy just from spending 30 seconds looking for the s/n!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom