Four Guitar Players in One Band?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by 2HBStrat, Aug 12, 2019 at 11:48 AM.

1. stevel

stevel Member

Why do you continue to play with people like this?

2. Stratman Dan

Stratman Dan Member

Don't worry, i can see the future. Because you are a Gear Page member, i will discount my services to to price of zero.

I have rolled the bones and and this is what they told me.

The 1st guitar player, will become a reverend and quit.
    The 2nd guitar player, will quit because his wife told him to.
    The 3rd guitar player, will quit because his hubby told him to
    and that other guitar player wont work out.

That leaves you, who practices everyday and who dependably shows up for practices with no drama and who knows his smut with the job.

Congratulations.

John Hurtt likes this.
  3. kafka

kafka Supporting Member

The Canadian Blue Öyster Cult ...

... until they entered their Loverboy phase.

Notes on videos:
    SotGQ: Kudos to the guy who did the lyrics for the video. I especially like part at 1:50 where it reads "music". `Cause, you know, it's always helpful to have someone point out when the "music" part of the song starts.

IYSK: You have to appreciate a band that selects models for their video based on their ability to do a double roll.

IYSK: Also, if you have any questions on how to handle that extra guitarist, check out 2:05.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 8:14 AM
  4. kafka

kafka Supporting Member

If he's smart he'll just play rhythm, bring a mic stand and pretend to do background vocals. Nobody ever fires that guy.

5. deluxeg

deluxeg Member

6. ToneGrail

ToneGrail Member

^ This.

My when I break into solos I use double stops or I fingerpick with my thumb playing bass notes while my fingers are playing the melody. I've never needed a 2nd guitarist. It would be redundant and the person would just take up space in the van and eat food while not providing any value. We're a trio and always travel lean and mean.