Foxrox Captain Coconut 2 Clips (Hendrix)

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Teahead, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Teahead

Teahead Member

2. granite

granite Member

I love the second clip. Very cool.

3. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Trés cool Teahead, I have a friend who has the CC2 as well, it really captures that old style great!
    Great playing!.
    Niels

4. bstranathan

bstranathan Member

would you recommend the CC2 over some Fulltones....OCD, Deja 2? I love the Jimi you can get out of the CC2 but i just saw trower live and the fulltone pedals blew my mind.

5. Teahead

Teahead Member

The Vibe in the CC2 beats the Fulltone hands down, not only for the 'Center' control and the Envelope Controlled Speed option, but the 'Vibrato' effect is much more musical. I've had two Fulltone Vibes and have found them to sound nice, but they're nothing beside the Foxrox.

Added to that the fact that you can swap fuzz cards to tailor the fuzz sounds to your liking, germanium, silicon, hybrids, low gain, high gain, nkt275, you name it the CC2 offers it. The Foxrox cards are $59 each and Analogman's nkt is around $100. Then you get the Octavia, which is streets ahead of the Ultimate Octave too.

Opinions are probably varied, Fulltone's pedals are certainly more than good enough, but for me the Foxrox scratches my Hendrix itch in a much more satisfying way.