FoxRox CC Hybrid.....awesome fuzz

James Knox

Resurrected thread...

I just received one of these from Prymaxe and had a WOW moment when I plugged in to it for the first time! I've been on a Fuzz Hunt for months trying to find one that worked in my rig and played nice with my keeper pedals. Most of the fuzzes I tried sounded thin or muffled or like a kazoo. Tried Muff Type fuzzes and Fuzz Face variants, trying to find MY sound. I came on to a YT demo of this fuzz by accident and remembered fondly a Foxrox Octron I had years ago when my pedalboard was as big as a battleship, lol.

Based on a few YT demos and remembering how high quality Foxrox products were, I took a chance and found my perfect Fuzz. With the 3 control knobs you can dial in anywhere from smooth and warm all the way to raspy cut-through-any-mix. Guitar Volume interaction is as good or better than any one fuzz I tried.

YMMV, etc., but I found what I was looking for in the Foxrox CC Hybrid Fuzz. My rig is pretty minimalist through a Fender Thinline Tele Reissue with Lollar Regal WRHB pu's into a 1969 Fender Silverface Princeton NoVerb with lots of clean headroom. The only other Overdrive I use is a Barber 1/2 (Half) Gainer, which the CC Fuzz stacks into perfectly. I run the Half Gainer on low gain/always on. From there I can bump the vol for lead breaks with the other Half Gainer preset OR hit the CC Fuzz for mor gain or mayhem. I LOVE this combo!

I wanted to write this to help anyone else who is on a Fuzz Hunt and has not found "the one" yet. Give the CC Hybred Fuzz a try!

I agree with the OP - AWESOME Fuzz!

Peace,
James

meterman

Still loving mine!! Did some recording with it recently, w/ a Strat and some delay it was instant Gilmour

:rockin

tanee

Silver Supporting Member
I got the chance to ab the hot silicon with the cc hybrid and they are fairly similar. The cc hybrid may have been a tad smoother and warmer. It was really hard to tell.

That being said.. both pedals rock hard. Ended my fuzz search.. for now.

Memphistokid

An awesome product from a low key dealer here on tgp...But I hold Foxrox at the highest echelon of their craft!!! Always great stuff from Dave!!!

hhylkema

This thread is making me want to pick one up again. I just bought an AM Sunface (red dot) and have been underwhelmed. The full on fuzz sounded wonderful, but clean up was just ok. My CC Hybrid did great lower gain fuzzy tones.

meterman

This thread is making me want to pick one up again. I just bought an AM Sunface (red dot) and have been underwhelmed. The full on fuzz sounded wonderful, but clean up was just ok. My CC Hybrid did great lower gain fuzzy tones.

yeah the CC cleans up great considering the amount of gain it has on tap

zestystrat

Bringing this thread back from the dead to say I just ordered a v2.

Reading this thread is getting me pumped.

Never really bonded with any of the fuzz pedals Ive tried: white dot SF, Hartman bc108, Fulltone ‘70, EQD Dream Crusher & an Astro tone - the last two I liked the best.

I’m hoping that this one will work for me.

So where is everyone putting it on their board - first?

whateverdude

Silver Supporting Member
I don’t own one but I’ve been jonesing for the hot silicon version,. IIRC The V2 has that buffer switch so you can put it anywhere in the signal chain.

Dave Fox

Senior Pedalmaker
FYI for anyone interested in the CC Hybrid2:

When I ordered metalwork a couple months ago I got a story about how the supply chain for steel sheet metal is disrupted and I can expect higher prices and longer lead times. So I asked about having them made from aluminum instead of steel. I was hoping it would speed things up, maybe come in a little cheaper, and would make my pedals lighter.

I ended up having the bottoms of the enclosures made from aluminum and kept the top steel. The top is where all the strength is needed, the bottom basically just protects the circuity. I got the metal and it worked out great. Going forward, CC Hybrid2's and Octron3's will have aluminum bases. All Foxrox pedals will eventually be like that, once I cycle through the metal I have.

It makes the pedal 5 ounces lighter, which I think is a good thing. In the end, the aluminum bases were $.03 cents more expensive. If you get one and remove the bottom, don't be alarmed at how light the base is. I didn't cheap out!

zestystrat

Bumping up this thread. My original order never shipped but I reordered and just got a v2. Def agree on the instant gratification.

It was really easy to dial in that sweet spot with a 50's style LsL Saticoy > CCH2 > 70's Vibro Champ. Very warm and had amazing clarity when dialed in that way. I could also get that de-lish Fuzz mayhem with a twist of the grit knob.

It cleans up really well too. It's a lot of fun to play and I could have easily lost a few hours just jamming away if I didn't have something that made me put down the guitar.

Well done @Dave Fox! (I love my v1 Octron as well)

Just so I'm clear, with the input pad switch "on" I can put it after my wha with no changes to tone?

Last edited:

rck

Silver Supporting Member
I picked a CC Hybrid 2 a couple months ago and it went directly on my board, its been great with Marshall circuits.

The clean up has a very wide range from 3-10 on the Guitars volume knob, very impressive.

I used it on gigs and it retains the highs and doesn’t get lost in a band mix which is the litmus test for my purposes.

I am not looking for a FF circuit any longer. Its built very solid, has top jacks and has all the sonic qualities I look for in a FF.

Nice job FoxRox, very nice.

BootRoots

Silver Supporting Member
I love that this thread is like 10 years old and keeps getting resurrected. Can’t say enough great things about FoxRox stuff. The CC2 has been a staple on my board for years and the fuzz portion is one of my favorites hands down.

sapi

I have the Octron 3 which I love
Will definitely consider this fuzz asap!
Thanks guys!

whateverdude

Silver Supporting Member
Nice, I don’t own the CC2, but I did pick up a Hot Silicon V2. The build quality is top notch and the fuzz is music to my ears. I can’t recommend Foxrox enough.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom