Foxrox experience

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DK207, Mar 16, 2006.

1. DK207

DK207 Member

I always see bad experiences about pedal makers/dealers.....so here is a positive one for once!

I bought a Zim on fleabay for $185 and the switch for channel B was kind of noisy. The seller on ebay gave me $10 back to cover the cost of a new switch. I opened it up, but didn't want to deal with soldering to the board, so I emailed Dave Fox to see if he would, for a fee + parts, be able to fix it (the TV tuner cleaner didn't work). He offered to do it for free, despite the fact that I bought it used and he had really no responsibility to do so. He just wanted $7 to cover return shipping costs. Awesome!

Well, he not only replaced the switch, he swapped out the volume pots for the non-detented ones and also replaced the H9 card as the early models (mine is # ninety-something) had too much output and now it will be able to be turned up louder and sound better (not that it didn't sound awesome before).

So that's it, Dave Fox at Foxrox is an awesome guy with unreal customer service!!!! Two thumbs up! I will put myself back on the Octron list and not hesitate to buy another one of his products in the future.

:BEER

2. stratovarius

stratovarius Supporting Member

:AOK Geoffry Teese is another one with outstanding customer service.

3. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

I've had nothing but great experiences with Dave, hell of a nice guy, and builds, what I think, are some of the most reliable, quiet and toneful products on the market.

-TJK

4. Franklin

Franklin Member

5. smallbutmighty

smallbutmighty Member

I'll chime in. Dave has always offered me great customer service well above and beyond the call of duty. For the life of me I don't know why the ZIM doesn't get more press around here. I've tried lots of OD's and the ZIM is as good as anything out there.
    I can say without hesitation that of all the pedals that I've tried, the ZIM is the most solidly built. It's not just another hammond-box deal, but a pedal that's been designed from the ground up, starting with the case. People always say "you could drive nails with it", but with the ZIM I think you literally could.

A

6. rockster12

rockster12 Supporting Member

I have had great experiences with so far all of the pedal builders that I have dealt with. I think the 2 best phone conversations that I have had have been with Dave Fox and Mike Fuller. Both guys were a pleasure to talk to and very informative. And both build fantastic products.

7. dave s

dave s Member

Good story. Excellent service should always be documented publicly.

the thing I'd always heard about FoxRox pedals was 'built like a tank.' Could be why after 2+ years of use my ZIM still operates 'as new,' sounds killer and is worthy of a lifetime exemption on my board!

Good stuff.

dave

8. drolling

drolling Member

His wah booster kit's a must for anyone using a wah in front of a vintage style fuzz. Dave got it to my door double boxed in under a week, which is very fast for a Canadian order:AOK

9. jpagey

jpagey Member

Yes, Dave is a geat guy and makes a great product.

(BTW, I've never quite understood people putting eBay ("fleabay"?) when they use it themselves...but that's for another thread!)

10. zoemunchkinpro

zoemunchkinpro Member

Analogman is also one awesome guy to deal with too!!

11. jonny guitar

jonny guitar Member

Dave is awesome, Dave's products are awesome, Dave's service is awesome. :dude

12. Shaman

Shaman Member

Did a couple of cardswaps (very cool deal) for my ZIM and on the last one he included an extra card (the B9) for FREE!!! (TV announcer voice on: That's right! A $64 value now yours for FREE just because Dave's such an awesome guy! :)

Turns out that's my fave card after all. Nice goin' Dave!

13. Coach

Coach Senior Member

i'm supposed to be getting my octron4u e-mail within the next couple of weeks according to Dave. Needless to say I am REALLY excited.

14. Badger71

Badger71 Member

Another positive FoxRox experience here!

15. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

+1 on Dave and +1 on the ZIM. The build quality, and innovative features of this pedal push it above the crush of OD pedals. The ZIM card concept is brilliant, the voicing section on channel two is brilliant, the individual ins and outs on both channels is brilliant. The VT card is one of the very best light OD's for a Strat I have found, the TAR+ card rocks like a RAT, and the HB card is one smooth TS sounding OD. And one of these days Dave will come out with a couple of fuzz cards. Also, the ability to swap out cards at $10 a pop is very muscian friendly. Hell, I bought two of them!

Foxrox ZIM... BRILLIANT!

16. DK207

DK207 Member

Glad to hear all the other great experiences with Foxrox! I just got my Zim back, and not only did he do all the repairs that I mentioned above, he also touched up the painted serial # on the outside of the pedal as it was wearing off. Holy attention to detail, Batman. And the replacement H9 does sound even better than the older one! I can get the volume cranked up louder, and the non-detented volume pots are really much easier to adjust than the older ones.

Hats off to Dave at Foxrox! Can't wait for my Octron now!

17. AbstractLunatic

AbstractLunatic Member

Because it's like a 'flea market'? Otherwise known as a 'swapmeet'...

Oh, and Dave is a great guy to deal with. I had an excellent experience with getting a new ZIM card for a damaged one.