• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Foxrox Fiends: New pedal sighting

Birds in Hell

According to Dave's website, the CC Hybrid is "currently out of stock. New version coming soon!"

The plot thickens.

I love the CC Hybrid (so much I've bought it twice!) so I'm pretty interested to see where this is going.

Tonefan

According to Dave's website, the CC Hybrid is "currently out of stock. New version coming soon!"

The plot thickens.

I love the CC Hybrid (so much I've bought it twice!) so I'm pretty interested to see where this is going.
Dave's pedals are always phenomenal. Time to get on the waiting list. And I love the cc hybrid... have number 15 and the hot silicon. The guy has gold soldering hands!

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
I would love for a delay. Then I could run a 100% foxrox board. Aquavibe into hsf into festival into tzf into delay

TAVD

Guitar Player
Platinum Supporting Member
It's any fuzz box ever made, by way of transistor arrays and cmos switches.

msnes335

Silver Supporting Member
Seems like it's a smaller enclosure, but he took away the independent switching, and the effects loop, and added in a couple of tone toggles.

Killshakes

What do the new switches do? I read somewhere that the original Octron has them on the inside, though I've never checked inside mine for them.

Also, just a personal wish for this pedal: I wish one of the switches allowed you to have the fuzz of the "Octave Up' control WITHOUT an octave up (a'la the toggle switch on the Fulltone Octafuzz, Fox Tone Machine, etc.). Then you could fuzz w/ a sub-octave, or just fuzz by itself.

Last edited:

McQ7

Just last night I was searching, reading, and listening in depth to everything Octron, and noticed the Octron 3 on the www.foxroxelectronics.com website. And from checking out the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/foxrox.dave, it sounds like some will be ready to ship out next week! I've really just started to consider an octave pedal, but if I do get one I have a very strong feeling this will be the one.

McQ7

What do the new switches do? I read somewhere that the original Octron has them on the inside, though I've never checked inside mine for them.

Also, just a personal wish for this pedal: I wish one of the switches allowed you to have the fuzz of the "Octave Up' control WITHOUT an octave up (a'la the toggle switch on the Fulltone Octafuzz). Then you could fuzz w/ a sub-octave, or just fuzz by itself.
This was posted to the Foxrox Facebook page a couple of days ago, in response to a similar question:

"Dave Fox Foxrox Thank you for asking! Octave down MIDS/ LOW: This switch replaces the internal tone trimmer in Octron1. It gives you both extremes, a mid boost and a deep bass sound. Octave up Bright/Pure: This switch replaces the internal Oct up MODE switch from Octron1. It also replaces the tone trimmer by adding more treble in Bright mode. If you set both switches down (Low and Pure), it matches Octron1's factory default settings."​

Killshakes

Two things:

1.) I really ought to crack open my Octron and mess with the trim pots. I didn't even know they were in there!

2.) Has any one gotten a chance to try the Octron 3, or compare it with the original? I'd love to here some first impressions / demos.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
I'm disappointed to hear it's an Octron 3. I would rather he do something different than he already has done.

Trending Topics