Foxrox Octron 2

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Sandro, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Sandro

Sandro Member

Hi, can you guys give me a feedback on the Octron 2, how you like how you use it? Pro and Cons.

Thank you
    Sandro

2. aaland_brian

aaland_brian Member

Pro's -best clean octave pedal I have ever played
    Con's -it's a little expensive, but well worth it in my opinion.

I think you might get more responses if you explained what context you want to use the pedal in. If you want a great 1 octave up and down this is the pedal for you, if you also want harmonies in 4th and 5th's the Pog or Hog might be a better choice. I have an octron and a WH-1 because the WH-1 can't do both octave up and down like the Octron which is just amazing, add a little fuzz and you'll have a hard time putting your guitar down as it is so much fun.

3. kevinsaari

kevinsaari Member

The POG doesn't have any intervals except octaves. Just FYI. ;)

4. aaland_brian

aaland_brian Member

oops. must have been thinking of the hog. I don't own either and was just going off memory(which isn't that good). Thanks for the correction.:BEER
    I always thought that the detune sliders were there to get the different intervals between the full octaves. What do the detune sliders really do, I have always wanted to try one.

5. StuBrew

StuBrew Member

Pros - Excellent sounding clean octave down, very good tracking on low notes, great Octavia sounds, ability to mix the normal, octave up and octave down sounds in any way you like, being able to switch each one on and off individualy, effects loop to add other effects into the mix when engaged (try a fuzz or envelope filter, very cool!), very quiet (no extra noise like the POG)

Cons - Very big, takes up lots of pedalboard space, not too fond of the grey colour

I think you'll really enjoy it if you get one!

:cool:

6. Teahead

Teahead Member

I found the Octron 2 was just too much for me. I was an Octron user from the start and jumped at the chance to get an Octron 2, only to find that I didn't really need all the seperate switching. I couldn't fault the Octron's performance, neither 1 nor 2, excellent pedals just as the previous posters have said.

7. silverface63

silverface63 Member

I'm loving my Octron II. The best Octave pedal I have ever tried. I like to run my Mutron III in the loop for the Garcia sound.

8. StuBrew

StuBrew Member

Good point, having owned both if you just use one effect at a time go for the Octron 1, smaller enclosure and does exactly the same thing without the switching and loop.

9. otherone

otherone Supporting Member

I had the octron 1 and now I have the octron 2...one use I've been using with the seperate on/offs is with the Direct on/off switch...I use it turned up as a clean boost...if you look at the size of the octron 2 as an octave pedal/clean boost pedal, it validates its size...best octave pedal out there and an excellent clean boost bonus.

10. DK207

DK207 Member

I loved mine, but like Teahead, it was too much for me. I really only used the octave down so the size/extra features/cost of the Octron 2 vs Octron just wasn't worth it. I also had no plans to use the loop. Great pedal though, just like all Foxrox products it was built like a tank and sounded awesome. I'll probably buy an Octron again someday.

11. Tubevalvemaniac

Tubevalvemaniac Member

Octron is enough for 99% of users, as octave.
    And it is the best available octave pedal. Period.
    Octave 2 gives switches for Up and Down, but I don't see point in switching it (simply I use octaver as it is on or off.
    Foxrox rules, one of 3 best pedal companies ever.
    ZIM is must, TZF is killer, CC2 is legend.
    Fox knows his business.