• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Foxrox Octron 3 is here!

cbpickin

Tweed Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
I rec'd mine today, and it is everything the Octron 1 was and more. It is MUCH smaller, and it has the toggle switches on the outside! I swear the tracking is improved, but that is probably just my excitement. No question it is on par, tone wise, with all previous versions, and it includes more versatility and user friendly options.

Last edited:

MasterEvan07

Gold Supporting Member
I rec'd mine today, and it is everything the Octron 1 was and more. It is MUCH smaller, and it has the toggle switches on the outside! I swear the tracking is improved, but that is probably just my excitement. No question it is on par, tone wise, with all previous versions, and it includes more versatility and user friendly options.

I really want one of those! Where do you get those big switch buttons?

jhale

Silver Supporting Member
Im getting one as the original was always too huge for the amount of times it gets used.

cbpickin

Tweed Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Im getting one as the original was always too huge for the amount of times it gets used.
Yeah, the new size is a big plus. I plan to run it next to my Micro Tron 3, when it comes in, and then the Cali76 CDD. I can run 3 top jack single pedals in the place the Tru Tron 3x used to take up.

Last edited:

pup tentacle

Gold Supporting Member
Yeah, the new size is a big plus. I plan to run it next to my Micro Tron 3, when it comes in, and then the Cali76 CDD. I can run 3 top jack single panels in the place the Tru Tron 3x used to take up.
I'll be interested to hear how the micro-tron compares to the TT3x. It has to have some different parts, not to mention the lower operating voltage.

cbpickin

Tweed Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
I'll be interested to hear how the micro-tron compares to the TT3x. It has to have some different parts, not to mention the lower operating voltage.
For sure. Mu-Fx has commented that it will have lower headroom, being only 9v, but that it should sound very close.

elevenstrings

I saw you did a side by side with the Rat.

Out of curiosity, what's the size vs. a 125b enclosure (your Matthews Conductor Pedal) - you don't have to take a pic. It looks about the same height, but maybe a 1/2" wider? I have a pedalboard designed like a modular synth, and it fits exactly 14 125b pedals with top jacks, anything wider won't fit lol. I loved my Octron 2 but it was too big for me at the time I had it.

rollyfoster

Silver Supporting Member
Anybody compared the Octron to the 3leaf octavbre? I'm looking for something to replace my whammy and down to these 2. Wondering if they're similar enough that the octave up of the Fox could be enough to sway me that direction.

shanetram

Silver Supporting Member
I much preferred the octron and returned the octavbre. The octave up is a huge plus for both guitar and bass use. I'm seriously considering selling the original octron and getting this one for the size and added external switches.

cbpickin

Tweed Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
I much preferred the octron and returned the octavbre. The octave up is a huge plus for both guitar and bass use. I'm seriously considering selling the original octron and getting this one for the size and added external switches.
That's exactly what I did, and I love having the switches on the outside. The octave up bright or pure is especially nice.

cbpickin

Tweed Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
I saw you did a side by side with the Rat.

Out of curiosity, what's the size vs. a 125b enclosure (your Matthews Conductor Pedal) - you don't have to take a pic. It looks about the same height, but maybe a 1/2" wider? I have a pedalboard designed like a modular synth, and it fits exactly 14 125b pedals with top jacks, anything wider won't fit lol. I loved my Octron 2 but it was too big for me at the time I had it.
Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, it is a 1/2" wider than the Conductor.

MagnumSSS

As a previous Octron 2 owner who has been longing for this tone again, and whose pedalboard is already huge and nearly out of space, I pulled the trigger and ordered the Octron 3. It arrives on Thursday.

What I like most about this pedal's sound is blending it with other effects to extend their tonal color opportunities. For example, blending with Fuzz. Even better, blending with Fuzz and Phaser. Or, Fuzz and Thru Zero Flanger. Of course, add Delay and you got an other-worldly lead tone.

How are people liking their Octron 3's?

Trending Topics