• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Foxrox Zim?

gtrmaestro

Foxrox Zim, all it claims to be?

No one talks about this pedal much. Good all around pedal or just meh..

Had one eons ago. The stock cards are great tubescreamers. Dave also makes Distortion +/RAT, Fuzz Face, Big Muff, and a slew of other cards.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
I think it's a great idea, and with the ability to swap cards with Dave you can tailor it to sound like you! That said, mine doesn't get a lot of use just because it's more awkward than a pair of TS9s (one side having to open it up to set the tone control).

Chadley

Silver Supporting Member
The Zim is a great pedal. It's large, which is probably the main reason you don't see more of them.

Vintage Tube card is my favorite all time OD for single coils. I wish Dave made it in a single channel format.

huangyz16

Amazing pedal! Has had a fixed spot on my board for 5 years and nothing has been able to knock it off..

Even had two of them at one point.

For mid-focused low to high gain OD this is my favourite in terms of tone and feel. Of course, you can dial in a more scooped sound with the voicing knob if you prefer.

Last edited:

gtrmaestro

When the Zim is operating as two tube Screamers would you think that it is Superior in tone in that operation to a pedal like the fulltone fulldrive which is supposed to do kind of the same thing in a smaller footprint and about half the price?

I'm not really nervous about the size of the pedal I think it's a good idea to have two pedals together like that, you delete the potential problem of one cord and one power supply. Sounds like a good idea. I hate when something goes wrong when you're playing and you're trying to figure out where the bad cord is and all that crap in the middle of a gig.

scotty31

Silver Supporting Member
i really liked the TAR card with a Clean Smile paired with it.
the CS is a particularly good tone for strats and teles.

huangyz16

When the Zim is operating as two tube Screamers would you think that it is Superior in tone in that operation to a pedal like the fulltone fulldrive which is supposed to do kind of the same thing in a smaller footprint and about half the price?

I'm not really nervous about the size of the pedal I think it's a good idea to have two pedals together like that, you delete the potential problem of one cord and one power supply. Sounds like a good idea. I hate when something goes wrong when you're playing and you're trying to figure out where the bad cord is and all that crap in the middle of a gig.
I have tried both and prefer the ZIM which can cover a greater range of sounds

I see the ZIM as 2 separate ODs while the FD is more of a OD + Boost

Trending Topics

Top Bottom