Foxx Tone Reissue

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by chadbang, Feb 18, 2006.

1. chadbang

chadbang Member

Does anyone have one of the Foxx Tone reissue. I'm wondering if they are really built with vintage parts, or if this was just heresay. Has anyone taken a look inside one of these?

2. vanguard

vanguard Member

my opinion: if you are in a band, they suck. they can't cut through at all. they sound really good when you are in your bedroom, but thats it. i don't think they use nos parts, everything in there looked off the shelf to me.

3. chadbang

chadbang Member

Hm, I'd had a bad feeling that might be the case. Thanks for the answer,though. Maybe I better hold onto my Proanalog MKII. I just threw it up on ebay. Stop that sale!

4. cameron

cameron Member

Definitely no NOS components. But my main complaint with the unit is that they were too true to the original design. They really should have added currently expected amenities like an LED and an AC adapter jack. Also the fact that the inut jack is to the left of the output jack is worth mentioning as a minor annoyance.

Also, they merely attach the battery clip to the chassis with a little piece of tape. So the battery is likely to be hanging around loose in there when you get the pedal. I glued the battery holder in tight. Should've been done in the factory.

It doesn't sound bad, and I can see myself using in a studio context, but with no AC adapter, and its odd shape and size, I don't see it joining one of my gigging set-ups any time soon.

5. chadbang

chadbang Member

I once had an original and I guess they really were true to it. The damn battery always flapped around loose in the originals! I bought a Danelectro French Toast, but it really didn't sound like my original. Damn, I wish I hadn't given it away like an idiot.

6. duende

duende Member

The re-issues are nice at low volumes... but once you turn your amp up, they tend to not cut through like has been mentioned here. The originals however are a different story... trust me on this one!

7. Craise

Craise Member

Check out the Retroman Wolftone, It's the best Foxtone clone I've heard. I've had no probelms cutting through a band with it either. I really think retroman is DA MAN for fuzz. I also own a lola and sybil and feel they are the best fuzzes I've played.

8. chadbang

chadbang Member

I've been searching and I finally found comparison photos of an original Foxx Tone (Top pic) and a reissue Foxx Tone (bottom pics). You tell me if they "perfectly" replicated the circuit.

[​IMG][/IMG]