• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Fractal Audio just dropped a Reactive Load Box!!

PaisleyWookie

I just think FAS is missing a pretty big opportunity here, namely a reactive load that's also got IR loading and effects. A Torpedo Live/Studio/OX competitor. I'm sure it's a swell device, but the LB2 doesn't really make much more sense than the Suhr RL does for the same price.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
I just think FAS is missing a pretty big opportunity here, namely a reactive load that's also got IR loading and effects. A Torpedo Live/Studio/OX competitor. I'm sure it's a swell device, but the LB2 doesn't really make much more sense than the Suhr RL does for the same price.
CASH ON THE TABLE

In my never ending quest for product innovation; I submit they release a verb/delay combo pedal loaded with their algos. Sell like hotcakes and all that.

Last edited:

Fractal Audio

As I stated in post #40:
"The LB-2 is just the first of these products. The LB-1 will be a load box with integrated IR player."

nicolasrivera

This is 1 product of 2, the next one is the X-Load with IRs.;)

PaisleyWookie

I hadn't read the first one, because I was driving whilst it was posted, listening to Big Wreck at near harmful levels, drinking coffee just shy of heart attack levels of caffeine. :D

Seriously though; I can't believe an integrated, high quality reactive load/IR player that competes with the Torpedo (which is okay, but the load's average, and I don't like the TW cabs) has taken this long.

PaisleyWookie

I'll admit, I dig modelers (software and hardware), and enjoy faffing about with them. But when it comes down to it, I'd much rather have a really good reactive load and a dozen IR's in one box, with a good set of I/O. Because when the rubber meets the road, I enjoy playing my tube amps and pedal board way more than any digital product.

Lord N

I'm not a Fractal guy ..thus far .. It just hasn't happened.. never been in the same room with anything Fractal.. But everyone has to admit .. FAS, Kemper, Suhr .. a few others .. that small handful of companies where one person has basically pushed a kind of immovable creative community/marketplace forward on his own back .. it's pretty f'n impressive .. If small, seemingly (to some) besides-the-point products help sustain their larger, overall missions .. that's great .. But here's the thing .. No one that I know who still has the option—in the studio, with a great amp collection within arms reach, or on the road, with a crew that can afford to cart their traditional rigs—is publicly expressing a preference for Kemper/Axe/Helix .. Sorry..I mean I love the Kemper but I'm just me. With some of these established people, it's as simple as old habits, if it ain't broke, why change, or even just a psychological preference .. but it's still a real thing, tube amps are still in full effect .. So these boxes, that exist on the borderline between analog and digital .. are more of a thing than many full-on digital converts around here may be able to appreciate.
Well said, i 100% agree.
To me Fractal, Kemper and Suhr are standing for absolute quality.

dapeegoo

It is just a load box. You must use some sort of cabinet emulator (IR player) with it. To use Ultra-Res IRs you would use our Cab-Lab software or any of our Axe-Fx or AX-8 products.

The LB-2 is just the first of these products. The LB-1 will be a load box with integrated IR player.
When will the LB-1 come out? Hopefully sometime this year?

Watt McCo

I'll admit, I dig modelers (software and hardware), and enjoy faffing about with them. But when it comes down to it, I'd much rather have a really good reactive load and a dozen IR's in one box, with a good set of I/O. Because when the rubber meets the road, I enjoy playing my tube amps and pedal board way more than any digital product.
Kemper or amps + Fryette power station (both into real cabs)? This is the question I'm wrestling with at the moment.

paulvcarter

^^ I might if I don't like the Messa, I got a great deal on it so it won't bother me to buy a $99 solution.

Trending Topics