Fractal Audio's New FM3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowdale

All the fm3 videos from fractalfest have the fm3 set up with the fc6. Hmmm....guess they didn’t feel the 3 switches were versatile enough to show the unit off? Interesting.
How's about it's just showing how the unit can be expanded if one so desires & just plain good old marketing to sell the awesome FC-6/FC-12 foot controllers:aok

Reactions: 108

ejecta

Supporting Member
All the fm3 videos from fractalfest have the fm3 set up with the fc6. Hmmm....guess they didn’t feel the 3 switches were versatile enough to show the unit off? Interesting.
For some reason when I read fractalfest my brain thought at first you wrote fecalfest. :confused:

Watt McCo

Two key points here:

One: I’m talking about a product that sits between $1000 and $2000. What product would FAS wish to make that competes with either of those modeling sku price points?

Two: How is impulse response dynamic? It’s effectively a fancy EQ. I’m talking about actually modeling the driver/transducer/cone etc to get PA working competently with a truest dynamic speaker:toobzamp interaction.

I know you know what I mean. Why split hairs?
The "dynamic" part of the speaker:toobzamp interaction is all on toobzamp theside of that equation, so if something is lacking there, your AXE III just isn't quite as perfect as you thought.

gtr37

So here is some info
The FM3 runs on 2 main core processors one is fx two amp/rev

People are asking for possible signal chains and what is possible
Just for example

Vol-Wah-Drive-pitch-amp-cab-delay1- delay2 -reverb. Core one processer would be 70%
Core 2 85% so basically full. Based on above preset you could likely add another block or 2 to Core1

Hope this helps some

phil_m

Supporting Member
Sounds like some folks just need to own the AFXIII........go big or go home & pony up boyz:p
$1250 is a big premium to pay for the ability to have another drive block, if it is indeed the case that you're limited to one... I guess I'm surprised they give hard limits for any blocks. They have the DSP meter. Just let people do what they want until they run out of DSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.