• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Fractal Audio's New FM3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watt McCo

The one good thing about the long waiting list is that y'all have plenty of time to get 'permission' from your better half......."Please honey...just this once...I really need to experience Fractal level modeling" :p
Just so we're clear - none of this changes the fact that you are a middle aged man, marching quickly towards being an irrelevant old man that can barely get himself to the bathroom in time to avoid pissing his pants. Life sucks for everyone, even those that play Fractal, Fractal, Fractal, Kemper, and occasionally Helix just so they have a reference for their over-inflated sense of superiority.

gluve95

I don't get the need for 2 drive blocks. Do that many people really need 2? I never even use one...
Yea same here. Personally more bugged by not being able to run high quality reverbs. I guess I buy a Big Sky. Or more and more I think having an HX Effects with this would be a good combo.

gluve95

I'm still not clear on weather the Amp sims are going to be the same quality as the FX3. A few things said make me think not. Primarily the words not as complex.

Dan Desy

Just so we're clear - none of this changes the fact that you are a middle aged man, marching quickly towards being an irrelevant old man that can barely get himself to the bathroom in time to avoid pissing his pants. Life sucks for everyone, even those that play Fractal, Fractal, Fractal, Kemper, and occasionally Helix just so they have a reference for their over-inflated sense of superiority.
I hope I’m missing some inside joke here. And if not, I think that you should take your complete lack of interest in the FM3 and move to other threads.

If I did miss something, never mind, carry on...

Watt McCo

I hope I’m missing some inside joke here. And if not, I think that you should take your complete lack of interest in the FM3 and move to other threads.

If I did miss something, never mind, carry on...
Yes, I go and read the manuals of several products by a maker and sell gear to top of my gear fund - mostly just when threads are started about a product I'm not that interested in...

DeSelby

$1250 is a big premium to pay for the ability to have another drive block, if it is indeed the case that you're limited to one... I guess I'm surprised they give hard limits for any blocks. They have the DSP meter. Just let people do what they want until they run out of DSP.
Agreed. Would have been nice to see the same rationale applied here.
cited ...
"The DSP capabilities of one path on the Helix and the Stomp are pretty much exactly the same. There may be some very minor differences just based on how a few of the auxiliary things are run, but I haven't really seen any evidence of that. Basically, I've always hit the DSP limit at the same time on one path with the Helix as I have with the Stomp.

I think a big reason for not giving a lot more blocks is simply that they don't want to mislead people into thinking that it's necessarily common to be able to run 10 or however many blocks in a preset. Sure, you can do that with some setups, but not all. I still think the main thing is that it was primarily envisioned as a device that integrated with your existing, not one that was necessarily meant to replace it."

Rayf

Yea same here. Personally more bugged by not being able to run high quality reverbs. I guess I buy a Big Sky. Or more and more I think having an HX Effects with this would be a good combo.
The reverbs on FM3 are not the same as Axe FX 3?

gtr37

The reverbs on FM3 are not the same as Axe FX 3?
All the reverb types are the same its just normal quality
Vs the slightly higher quality if high
For the record they did a comparision on the AX8 on one of the threads in the Fractal forum and no one could tell or at least not easily

Imo the reverbs in the AX3 are already more lush and transparent than the prior algo but that my ears

Deuterium

Okay, so full disclosure...I have not been able to read every single post in this fast moving thread. However, I have read many, including the earlier pages and then the last few pages. So, I apologize in advance if this has already been asked/answered:

Are the patches convertible between the Axe-FX III and the new FM3? Yes, I understand some effects may not be able to run at full resolution, full fidelity...but does the software in the FM3 make that decision, or are the program patches/file systems inherently incompatible between the two platforms?

In other words, if you are an owner of an Axe-FX III, can you transfer your favorite preset/patches that you have made, over to the FM3...or is one forced to build a new preset/patch on the FM3 from scratch?

Willowdale

Supporting Member
Don’t forget tube amps....I blast those at home all the time. My favorite is my Friedman BE50 Deluxe followed by my Friedman Butterslax, Dirty Shirley, JVM Satriani & Bray 4550 Deluxe.

Life is good & it’s an exciting time for digital guitar gear for sure. Love my AFXIII & Powered Kemper. My Helix Floor collects dust...but to be fair, I do think it’s a sexy well thought out unit that can produce some very solid tones...if I didn’t have the III & KPA around it would certainly get some playtime for sure.

gumtown

Okay, so full disclosure...I have not been able to read every single post in this fast moving thread. However, I have read many, including the earlier pages and then the last few pages. So, I apologize in advance if this has already been asked/answered:

Are the patches convertible between the Axe-FX III and the new FM3? Yes, I understand some effects may not be able to run at full resolution, full fidelity...but does the software in the FM3 make that decision, or are the program patches/file systems inherently incompatible between the two platforms?

In other words, if you are an owner of an Axe-FX III, can you transfer your favorite preset/patches that you have made, over to the FM3...or is one forced to build a new preset/patch on the FM3 from scratch?
There are 3rd party apps which do conversions of the other Fractal models unit patches, so I would imagine the FM3 would end up the same sooner or later.

stratamania

While I have a Helix Floor (and had a POD HD500 before that), I'm building a small pedalboard around HX Stomp and I'd LOVE something like a Line 6 HX-6 with scribble strips to give me access to more bypass switches and neatly fit next to the HX Stomp.

Would the HX effects not fill that role?
As a effect unit only, Yes. But there is no amp on the HX effects
Of course, there are no amp simulations in the HX Effects. I did not suggest that there were.

If someone is building a small pedalboard around the HX Stomp and he
"would LOVE something like a Line 6 HX-6 with scribble strips to give me access to more bypass switches and neatly fit next to the HX Stomp." he would not need any amp sims as they are in the HX Stomp.

Also, an HX Effects in combination with an HX Effects would also give more possibility in terms of the amount of simultaneous FX that could be run. The only thing is the form factor between the two of them are not the same.

Back to the topic. The FM3 looks like a really good unit and could be combined with an existing rig. I wonder if anyone at the amp show tried it in 4CM?

Watt McCo

While I have a Helix Floor (and had a POD HD500 before that), I'm building a small pedalboard around HX Stomp and I'd LOVE something like a Line 6 HX-6 with scribble strips to give me access to more bypass switches and neatly fit next to the HX Stomp.
Its called Morningstar MC6

Graham G

Seeing as this FM3 thread,is also a sort of wish list thread,I'd like to add mine:),with the assurance that I have no idea of how the peak load/processing power is utilised or arrived at,so I don't know what i'm talking about(technically):D.
Would it possible for Fractal to divert "all" the available processing to allow Dual Amps or even 2 instances of the same Amp at the cost of effects(even no effects)if a customer wished,namely me:D.

dlc86

We can easily add another Drive block. I'm actually surprised there's only one. I'll tell the engineer to make it two. It literally as simple as changing one line of code:
#define DRIVE_BLOCK_INSTANCES 2
While you're at it please add the scene midi block and a second chorus block, Thanks! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics