Fractal Audio's New FM3

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by LqdSndDist, Apr 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikah912

mikah912 Member

10-15 minutes after the post went up announcing it on the FAS forum.

2. yeky83

yeky83 Member

Damn it you...

handyman likes this.
  3. Pat6969

Pat6969 Supporting Member

That's just the typical release so they're covered when it takes 6-8 months to get through the wait list, which is pretty much standard. Fractal makes awesome gear but they need to figure out how to get their product out to the public in a timely fashion. Not sure how you wouldn't imagine this would be a popular product release. Ares modelling in an affordable package??

Deasnutz and Powderfinger like this.
  4. gtr37

gtr37 Member

Luckily i had decided to get another AX8 in april and joined the waitlist prior to the announcement
    :)

5. GravityWell

GravityWell Member

It would seem like an oversight to not imagine that this thing would sell like hot cakes at a hot cake convention. Here is to hoping that the worldwide capacitor shortage doesn’t translate to a worldwide FM3 shortage.

DonnieRiddle likes this.
  6. yeky83

yeky83 Member

:thud

mikah912 and Watt McCo like this.
  7. Gam59

Gam59 Member

That's depend of the laptop.

8. effulgent

effulgent Member

The vents are fractal logos on the sides of the unit, you can see the switch lights glowing inside through them. Looks really cool imo

Mark Al likes this.
  9. veritechc

veritechc Member

2387 members to be exact. Its the Fractal Audio AxeFx III & FX3 on Facebook and it's pretty darn friendly too. I just love modelers.

We took them over too, lol. With the announcement today in the Line 6 Soundbytes Newsletter we have jumped up to a family of 21,000 friendly and helpful people.

You should come on over. You are welcome to come see.

10. ejecta

ejecta Supporting Member

A fish doesn’t know it’s wet.

11. fretworn

fretworn Member

And you know this how?

That ought to be an interesting story, albeit in its own thread.

handyman likes this.
  12. Mark Al

Mark Al Member

I don't think anyone trashed any product in this thread. But some people get gravely offended when others refused to drink the coo-lid, expressed less enthusiasm or a healthy doze of suspicion, or mentioning other gears for comparison and reasoning. I thought that's all good... :dunno

ejecta likes this.
  13. fretworn

fretworn Member

It’s actually a little different. In my short tenure here, my key interests are fractal audio products.

However the same half dozen cast of characters seem to enjoy a relentless daily derailing diatribes of hackneyed tropes about FAS.

Every single thread. It’s tiresome, it’s boorish.

I try to approach it with humor but it really stinks up the entertainment value of even being here.

People seem enjoy spitting on stuff I like. What a perverse world. I bet Irl, they wouldn’t dare. Most musicians I meet are rather cool

So, that’s what’s really happening.

This was supposed to be a thread about the new FAS FM3. But somehow were talking about a wet fish.

14. handyman

handyman Member

A written survey of over 1000 fish. Not a single one checked the "I'm aware I'm wet" box.

BPlexico, MaxTwang, Dan Desy and 4 others like this.
  15. Guitardave

Guitardave Supporting Member

Life's short. Get one and see what you think. You are way overdue to try something from Fractal!

16. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Silver Supporting Member

As a user of the III I'm looking forward to using the same system on the FM3 (no drastic new learning curve to deal with) and since I'm on the list for an FC-12 to use with the III, it will be great to use it with the FM3 onstage as an effects only replacement for the FX8 when I gig with one of my tube amps.

Most of all, I'm going to appreciate throwing it into my suitcase when I travel and not having it take up a lot of space. When using it to practice or record in a hotel room I won't need a ton of footswitches so its compact size will be a major plus. The FX8 is bigger and heavier, but most of all has no modeling so it's really not suitable for travel as a standalone unit.

Much of the minutiae discussed here is really not an issue for me but it's been interesting and informative when on topic.

Regarding the waitlist, I got on around 5:30 PM on the first day so I don't expect to receive my invite anytime soon but I'm not one to sit around checking my inbox for it every day. In fact, when I got the invite for the III it actually wasn't the best time for me to purchase one and it was a couple of months after receiving the invite that I was able to place my order.

I'm guessing that most of us here already have really nice rigs that we can play until they ship. Until then I'll look forward to learning more about it. At this point I'm actually more interested in when the user manual will be released. That will be a lot more informative than pure speculation.

SigXer, fretworn, Guitardave and 2 others like this.
  17. gumtown

gumtown Member

Is this going to be the outcome for FM3 users?

people at your gig > :bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow :rockin< FM3 user

bigfoamfinger likes this.
  18. partytrain

partytrain Supporting Member

The Bogner fish knows.

fretworn, JiveTurkey, Gasp100 and 2 others like this.
  19. bigfoamfinger

bigfoamfinger Supporting Member

While we get hung up on gear on TGP, the funny thing is that most people at gigs won't notice/know/care if we play through an FM3, a Dumble, or a Crate solid state

fretworn, MBT74, JiveTurkey and 2 others like this.
  20. vick1000

vick1000 Member

They will notice the Crate, unless you rip the logo off :)

SigXer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.