Fractal Audio's New FM3

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by LqdSndDist, Apr 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Member

Truth, just that.

2. BCy2k

BCy2k Member

... everybody's got that FM3 fever. Seems to happen with every Fractal release. A new fever, and there's only one cure ...

You know I keep listening to my AX8 and I keep reaching the same conclusion: It doesn't seem to suck. At all. Weird.

DS007, DV52, Danny W. and 7 others like this.
  3. snowwind

snowwind Member

Definitely not everyone! I do not get any fever from this device. The more options a device offers, the tedious it gets for me. Have already made this experience with an Axefx and a Kemper. Anyway, I will not take a preorder and leave the space for others. ;)

ejecta likes this.
  4. totoleheron

totoleheron Member

Biggest improvment is the price?

apoyando likes this.
  5. Ejay

Ejay Member

Dude...dont you know that as soon as a new device hits the market...all the older ones are instantly dialed back to half quality? Rumour is they even fall apart....

BCy2k and ejecta like this.
  6. DeSelby

DeSelby Member

If it weren’t for form factor and price I doubt I'd be looking at this. FAS has a great reputation, despite the zealotry of some of its acolytes;), but it’s the 1¢ margin that gives me all the room I need for rationalization. And I like the idea of a separate expansion controller. First because I can separate the purchase and not put all my monies down upfront, and second because it’s modular which better suits my mindset.

Guitardave and totoleheron like this.
  7. handyman

handyman Member

It's got the FX3 modeling improvements, but the biggest improvements for me are the USB audio and the improved UI.

Love my AX8, but the on device UI sucks. And being able not bother with an external audio interface will be really handy.

mbenigni and Willowdale like this.
  8. gtr37

gtr37 Member

Its a really cool product that ticks a lot of boxes
    My only complaint is I wish they had charged 1399 and
    Made a 6 switch one BUT after reading the modular concept i get why they didnt

Many people are fine w just 3 switches and love the stomp style

An extra 300-400 may not bother me but to someone else the difference between
    999- 1400 might easily be enough for them to pass

9. totoleheron

totoleheron Member

Axe-Fx Standard, Ultra, II, II XL, III, and now the FM3.

[​IMG]

What means more white than white? Remembers me Procter & Gamble marketing.;)
    (and yes i'm interested in the FM3)

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  10. Slicklickz

Slicklickz Member

[​IMG]

mbenigni, SigXer, BCy2k and 2 others like this.
  11. PaisleyWookie

PaisleyWookie Member

It's disappointing that moderators will ban or slap hands of people who insult other people (understandable, it's against the rules), but when trollish behavior like this happens consistently by the same person, they let it slide.

What's amusing here of course is that he and I are on the waitlist for the same device. Except that the rest of us can dial down the hyperbole, and be realistic about what we're buying.

timowens316, mikah912 and ejecta like this.
  12. ejecta

ejecta Supporting Member

Wait for his defenders... I hear em coming. :D

13. veritechc

veritechc Member

I’ve had a Helix and a Axe Fx III side by side for about a year. I play them through the same speakers. At gigs, at home, through headphones and monitors. I also run the largest Helix and Axe Fx III groups on Facebook. I agree with those that say there isn’t a huge difference between the two.

If you think there is you just might be justifying the difference in price.

What I like about having both is that I have access to just about ever amp ever made. Cost me only $4k to own over 300 great amps and loads of effects. And together they weigh like 20 pounds.

I don’t understand why people can’t be happy that there are at least two great choices out there?

I REALLY wish Fractal either offered financing or went with a big box retailer. That is where the Helix really has the edge. You can have one on your studio for like $250 up front and test it for at least 30 days.

14. lspaulsp

lspaulsp Gold Supporting Member

You Tube will do that to ya!

Watt McCo likes this.
  15. lspaulsp

lspaulsp Gold Supporting Member

Buy something, learn how to use it. Crank the hell out of it and play. It's really simple. ANY of the top Atomic, Frac, L6, Kemp will cover what you need everything else is in your head. Get rid of the junk and be happy. I'm 64, don't have much time left in this world and yer bringing me down. It hurts. Peace! I'm going to go play my new Firebird I now.

16. Pat6969

Pat6969 Supporting Member

Seems the sarcasm emoji was in order when I posted that. Problem with the internet and public forums I guess.

Guitardave likes this.
  17. BCy2k

BCy2k Member

But of course. Happens every time. Yet no one could identify which modeler (or if it's even a modeler at all) they're hearing by just listening to a mix. So, I rest my case ;o)

18. hippietim

hippietim Silver Supporting Member

It’s interesting what y’all consider trollish behavior. The guy who champions Fractal in a thread about a new Fractal product is labeled a troll. But the guys that take every opportunity in the same thread to bestow the virtues of Line 6 gear and tirelessly try to assert that their Line 6 gear is just as good are just sharing their expertise.

What a crock of ****.

19. Dan Desy

Dan Desy Member

Obviously, not everybody will have a reasonable, productive reaction to gear or posts, i agree.

But in this case, we’re not talking about a Fractal champion. But a flavor of the week bandwagon rider. Who posts sensational rave reviews but without a bit of actual information or backup.

It’s just a waste of posting space in an interesting thread.

ejecta likes this.
  20. Slicklickz

Slicklickz Member

Why would you force people that want to be part of those groups to join Facebook and subject them to the abuses of Mark Zuckerburg?You can get someone to host your website for $6 a month,less than a quarter a day.Most of us knew what Facebook was doing anyway,but it's been proven time and time again and they've been complety exposed.Why not just pony up the $6 a month?

Last edited: May 5, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.