Fractal ax...

Reyybarra

Silver Supporting Member
does anyone think fractal will ever allow ax8 to do dual amp sims for stereo out?
It's the only deal breaker for me....
I'm left footed so helix is out, really wanna buy into fractal, but not if I'm giving up stereo ya know?

X-Mann

I play a full stereo FRFR set-up with the Fractal AX8 & just love the wide FX & bouncing delays!!!!!

& no, two amp sims at once is not an option or coming to the AX8. It's not needed in my eyes or the point of the unit, but I do see why you would want it.

Good luck in your modeling quest!

X

PS - If you have to have 2-amps at once to sound good, why not just get Helix & but an extra expression pedal to put on the left side? Cut, print, done...

Last edited:

nicolasrivera

Platinum Supporting Member
does anyone think fractal will ever allow ax8 to do dual amp sims for stereo out?
I'm left footed so helix is out, really wanna buy into fractal, but not if I'm giving up stereo ya know?

Better save for a full Axe Fx rig.

KenG

What does being left footed have to do with anything? Just move sideways to the right and use the left foot on the EP.

jageya

maybe the ax8mk2 will feature the 2 amps at once/usb audio out/ and headphone jack...

ColdFrixion

As everyone else has stated, the AX8 offers stereo output, just not dual amps. Do you need dual amps regardless?

veritechc

maybe the ax8mk2 will feature the 2 amps at once/usb audio out/ and headphone jack...
I hope you are right but I don't see a lot of incentive for Fractal to do that. They have the Axe Fx that already does all that and very well. Personally I live and die by using two amps. I think that not having all those features on the unit that costs the same as a Helix was a big oversight.

Reyybarra

Silver Supporting Member
Lots to answer I guess,
I don't think ultimately either the fx8 or helix is gonna be for me.
I just need dual amps to achieve what i'm trying to.
Right now I'm using variations of rigs, but the heads are a two-rock type 3 (6L6) and a fulton-webb custom (el34)
I mix these two amps through 4x12's and 4x10's to create the sound I want, i have versions of this rig in 2x12/2X10 and 2-1X12 for gigs, but this would be a touring rig as we start trading more. So giving up two amps is just too much for me right now. Especially since i'm already giving a ton by switching to a non amp rig. ya know?

ColdFrixion

Lots to answer I guess,
Right now I'm using variations of rigs, but the heads are a two-rock type 3 (6L6) and a fulton-webb custom (el34)
I mix these two amps through 4x12's and 4x10's to create the sound I want, i have versions of this rig in 2x12/2X10 and 2-1X12 for gigs, but this would be a touring rig as we start trading more. So giving up two amps is just too much for me right now. Especially since i'm already giving a ton by switching to a non amp rig. ya know?

If budget allows, look into FractalAudio's flagship Axe FX II. Dual amps, cabs, more effects, headphone output, USB audio interface, and some other improvements over the AX8.

Reyybarra

Silver Supporting Member
I'm mainly more interested in fractal because of the right footed controller on the helix being annoying to me...
And fractal seems like it focused more on the actual guitarist whereas line6 went a little far into "what the hell would I use that for?!"

brokenvail

Thought the AF12 can do 2 amps? If so just get that. For cliff go get two amps going he would need two add a 3rd processors. Could he do it sure but highly unlikely. The Axe FX can do all you need and them some. Obviously more money but if you keep it in a 2u rack and use an MFC the set up overall is still fairly small

veritechc

Lots to answer I guess,

Your use case is perfect for the Axe Fx 2 or a Helix. With all the gear you listed it would actually be much less cost to you to get either unit.

I'm going to suggest you get both units and send back the one you don't like. For integration and ease of use the Helix shines. But the Axe Fx 2 will also rock. You should know there is a Rack version of the Helix that you can get the Helix Control with. It's a foot switch only with now pedal. That way you can get your own.

And before the usual folks flame me remember I did not mention the Helix first and I also said a Axe Fx 2 would be a good edition.

TimeSnow

I'm mainly more interested in fractal because of the right footed controller on the helix being annoying to me...
And fractal seems like it focused more on the actual guitarist whereas line6 went a little far into "what the hell would I use that for?!"

Like has been said, you can spend a few bucks on an external controller pedal and put it wherever you want.

And the Fractal stuff is usually considered to be the one that's waaaaaaaaaaaaay out there. The FX8 did stuff that maybe 2 guitarists in the world would ever do... That's kinda it's thing.

jzgtrguy

Gold Supporting Member
Thought the AF12 can do 2 amps? If so just get that. For cliff go get two amps going he would need two add a 3rd processors. Could he do it sure but highly unlikely. The Axe FX can do all you need and them some. Obviously more money but if you keep it in a 2u rack and use an MFC the set up overall is still fairly small

This, He'd have to add another Tigersharc processor. In the rack mount unit one processor is dedicated to just amp sims and the other one does effects and other processes. You could probably do both with one processor but it might add a significant amount of latency. So if running two rigs is a must get the rack unit or wait for the AX-8 II

Trending Topics

Top Bottom