Fractal FM3 - Mastodon tones

Antonis

In this video I am attempting to sound like mastodon with the FM3. Unfortunately, the unit doesn't have the exact amps they use (Marshall JMP and their orange and friedman signature amps) but I tried to get the tone using similar amps that exist in the unit. What do you think?

Simto

Sounds brutal as ****. Chunky but with cut and a tiny bit of "sludge" if that makes sense hehe. I think it would sound huge in a full mix.
You got pretty close!

Antonis

Sounds brutal as ****. Chunky but with cut and a tiny bit of "sludge" if that makes sense hehe. I think it would sound huge in a full mix.
You got pretty close!
Thank you! this is what i was going for

joafink2

Silver Supporting Member

In this video I am attempting to sound like mastodon with the FM3. Unfortunately, the unit doesn't have the exact amps they use (Marshall JMP and their orange and friedman signature amps) but I tried to get the tone using similar amps that exist in the unit. What do you think?
That sounds glorious. Any chance you’d be willing to share your preset?

Antonis

That sounds glorious. Any chance you’d be willing to share your preset?
I have already changed them i am afraid. The amps were citrus terrier, marshall jmp preamp, dizzy vh4 and one of the friedmans, and the cabs were mostly 1960. I eq'd some of the low mid mud out but kept most of the fizziness and subs

Trending Topics