Fractal FX8 ship date

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Jbonnet, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Jbonnet

Jbonnet Supporting Member

I'm sure this is been discussed before but I'm chomping at the bit!!!

Any word on when the first units will be shipped?

2. kiki_90291

kiki_90291 Member

The last comment from Cliff (can't find it right now) said they had production issues on one of the parts, so they had to shift production to the US. As a result, the launch date was pushed back a few weeks - nothing too specific, but it sounded like mid-April is the target.

3. Pat Healy

Pat Healy Member

I will be either playing out or rehearsing almost daily from April 9 through May 9, and would LOVE to have it for that stretch. Not betting the farm though....I think mid-April is probably best case.

4. Jbonnet

Jbonnet Supporting Member

kiki_90291 thanks for the update...

Almost bought a Kemper until I heard about the FX8..

I think the Axe II and Kemper are over kill for me.. I just want the effects....

5. Plague Dog

Plague Dog Member

I know this has been asked and probably answered before, but what is the price point on the FX8?

6. Plague Dog

Plague Dog Member

7. kiki_90291

kiki_90291 Member

Yeah - seems pricey. But I've spent that much on my current board and am now considering some solution to minimize tap dancing and add in some more effects that would be nice to use with my new band . . .

8. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Gold Supporting Member

I am all in on this.

9. frankencat

Wait, does this things have modeled amps and cabs or not?

10. kiki_90291

kiki_90291 Member

No - this one is just effects. They posted a pic recently of the AX8 which does include the amp stuff, but no clue when that's coming out. Apparently the FX8 was announced a year ago, so it could be a while for the AX 8.

11. frankencat

Sorry I was thinking of the AX8. ;)

12. ethomas1013

ethomas1013 Supporting Member

Considering the quality of Fractal's effects I think it's a very reasonable price. Take look at the Effects, Pedals sub-forum. There was a long thread there a while back about how much people have tied up in their pedal boards. The average was well over 2k...

13. JPenn

JPenn Member

assuming the fx8 & ax8 use the same box, it may not take as long to get those rolling. i'm not sure i've ever been as excited for a new product to come out as i am the ax8. hopefully i won't be disappointed, and will be able to round up the scratch for it

14. Pat Healy

Pat Healy Member

When you compare it to what you'd have to spend on individual pedals to get the same capabilities, it's a good deal. I have well over $2K in to my board. I'll more than recoup the cost of the FX8 by selling my Eventide pedals, my MusicomLab loop switcher, and a few other odds and ends...and I'll have a rig that's MUCH more capable (and probably better sounding) than what I have now.

15. Reverb Kick

Reverb Kick Member

I agree that the fx8 is not overpriced for what it does and what it replaces.
    My question would be Amplifire and H9 or FX8?

16. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

I'd love one, but I'd really want it loaded with all the U2/Edge sounds. If that ever happened, I'd be there, cash in hand.

17. randombastage

randombastage Member

I have the AmpliFire and just sold a pair of Maxed out H9's to fund an FX-8 purchase. I've had the AxeFx II XL so I know I haven't made a mistake from the effects quality standpoint and with the FX-8 now I will have a foot control board (with mid control of the AmpliFire) and better editor to go with them...

18. PBGas

PBGas Supporting Member

Was the sound quality of the H9s not that good? I always thought the ios editor was pretty easy to use on the H9s? Reason I ask is because I am kind of at a crossroads with whether to by the FX8 or the 2 H9s. I have a few other pedals already and wanted to use them as well.

Confused right now......

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  19. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Supporting Member

That's how I feel about the FX8.

I just picked up a Fryette Power Station and love how I can use it to good effect with all of my tube amps. The FX8 should have the same utility.

I'm even thinking about picking up a George Benson Hot Rod Deluxe to use with the FX8. That should be a killer grab-and-go rig using the 4CM with the FX8 for gain tones and time based effects. I'd feel much better about dragging that rig around to jam sessions and the like than my blackface combos.

It should also be killer with my Sig:X at gigs. It's the one piece of gear I'm on pins and needles waiting for. ;)