fralin blues specials

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by keith_t4e, May 11, 2008.

1. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

I'm thinking of putting these in an alder body rosewood board strat. Anyone here have them? How are they?

2. 67super

67super Supporting Member

I put them on just such a strat and I love the neck and middle but the bridge is a little thin sounding. It works nicely with a "fat boost" added in.

3. geetarman

geetarman Member

I have them in my Kubicki strat and they sound great nice smoky bluesy tones ala SRV. I also recommend using a baseplate on the bridge pickup helps eliminate the thinness the previous poster mentioned.

4. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

It just so happens I just ordered the old fulltone fat boost----the small grayish silver one for a great price. I'm either going with the bassplate or get the steel pole 42 for the bridge. Every tried the steele pole 42 or 43?

5. 67super

67super Supporting Member

That's the Fat Boost I have and it works great. I do have the base plate installed. It's not that you can't get a great tone from the bridge pickup without the fat boost it's just that with my amp set for a nice blusey tone from the neck pickup I find the bridge a little thin. The fat boost does the trick. My main gigging amp is an early 68 DR. That strat, TS9 and fat boost are a really nice setup for blues/rock.

6. Austinrocks

Austinrocks Member

have them in my jap strat and the base plate certainly beefs up the bridge pickup which was very bright before I put the base plate in, love the tone of the pups.

7. oscar100

oscar100 Member

nice but theres better out there i think:BOUNCE

8. geetarman

geetarman Member

Another option that I have on all my strats for beefing up the bridge is replacing the second tone control with a blend control and mixing in a little neck with the bridge works great.

9. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

I was really close to going with Rio or Suhr 60lp. I'm having a problem with my strat's bridge tone being too bright and glassy.

10. geetarman

geetarman Member

FWI I've got Suhr V60lp's in a Fender Strat + with Alder body and maple board and love the bridge pup not overly bright at all but I do have a baseplate on that as well.

11. Jay Strange

Jay Strange Member

+1 on the blender pot!! Love it:cool: