Framus CS Ruby Riot Top VS Vox AC30 CC Shootout YOUTUBE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by JohanSolo, May 17, 2011.

1. JohanSolo

JohanSolo Member

so my framus is meant to be based on an AC30 (on paper the specs look similiar) and ive heard some AC30ish characteristices in the tone and whilst i have played AC30s...never got a chance to directly compare the two...until now...

Clean Channel VS Normal Channel

Top Boost Channel VS Lead Channel

defntiely some similiar characteristics in the cleans, the framus being smoother/warmer/bassier and the vox being brighter/glassier
    gain channels are diffrent with the framus having a stupid amout of gain that completely bypasses crunch too quick.

heres what the framus lead can sound like...

2. wedewer

wedewer Supporting Member

To me, they are most alike on the clean setting. On the dirty side, I think the AC30 sounds much fuller and warmer. The framus sounding thinner, more compressed and a little buzzy. I don't even think it was close on the dirt side.

3. JohanSolo

JohanSolo Member

on first listen to that clip i can defnitely agree from what you said, but have a listen again. the framus eq really affects the gain (the first knob is gain, then followed by bass and you can hear it beef up for the split second i had it on)

but yeah there is a big difference in gain/between the two (the framus having more preamp high gain that get stupid fizzy above 12)...i basically only use that channel for leads (it is labelled a lead channel haha(
    ...and use a different single channel amp (one without an fx loop) for pure balls out crunch rhythm.

4. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

all i know is the sounds of "toad the wet sprocket" in the album Dulcinea are a Framus Ruby Riot, and i love that!!!!!

5. JohanSolo

JohanSolo Member

its a great album!